News:

• April 30, 2024, 03:13:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vixen Taking Shape  (Read 679 times)

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Vixen Taking Shape
« on: October 13, 2007, 10:44:33 AM »
I finally have the "Sea Vixen" booms and rudders closed up, and it is beginning to look like something. I have made the rudder leading edges flow into the booms like the full size airplane. I also added 2° positive incident to the stab to compensate for problems that Jack had with the high tail.

The last obstacle will be getting some adjustment in the leadouts, since the forward leadout is on a stinger forward of the tip, and the aft leadout is at the tip leading edge. I have a method designed, so, it is a matter of making it to prove it out. Mathematically, the lead out positions should be about where Jack shows them, so only a small amount of adjustment should be necessary.

Next will be installing the fuselage blocks, and the contoured inlets and jet exhaust fairings. Construction should be straight forward from here on, and should go faster. Then it is on to cockpit detailing.

AMA 7544

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: Vixen Taking Shape
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 11:16:50 AM »
It's already looking real good, Tom.  I can't wait to see it finished!
Tell Linda "Hi" from us.
Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline KEITH McCRARY

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 11:28:36 AM »
Tom,

Always loved that model since I first saw it.Can't wait to see yours finished.What color scheme?In the mean time here is something I started in MicroStation a couple of years ago.

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 03:38:47 PM »
Keith.

That is neat.. I can't firure out why that look familiar!!??

It is a shame that the FM drawing was so far off. I am really happy that Jack Sheeks has been available to make the corrections.
AMA 7544

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here