News:

• May 10, 2024, 05:15:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sirotkin Akrobat plans wanted  (Read 6355 times)

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Sirotkin Akrobat plans wanted
« on: March 07, 2015, 06:20:20 PM »
I would be greatful and will pay for the above mentioned plans.  They are available on Outerzone to download but for some reason my equipment won't download from their site.  Any help appreciated.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline Andrew Hathaway

• Captain
Re: Sirotkin Akrobat plans wanted
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 06:45:20 PM »
There's not much to see there Dave.  The "plans" on outerzone are just a 5x6" scan, the full download is pretty much the same image shown on the download page.

Edit:  I uploaded the image from the Outerzone Rar file, just right click the link and save as.

http://smokyhillrc.org/photogallery/akrobat.tif

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 07:32:40 PM »
There's not much to see there Dave.  The "plans" on outerzone are just a 5x6" scan, the full download is pretty much the same image shown on the download page.

Edit:  I uploaded the image from the Outerzone Rar file, just right click the link and save as.

http://smokyhillrc.org/photogallery/akrobat.tif

Thank you Andrew!  I think Kinkos can deal with that.

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 08:50:37 PM »
Hi Dave,

If I am not mistaken, the "Akrobat" refers to the engine, a .42 which I have one of and the USSR team used late 60's maybe early '70's.  I believe the model to be the "Ilushyn" that Steve Y and I have discussed.  I also have those plans in full size.

Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 09:22:58 PM »
Hey Bill!  I dunno.  Outerzone shows it listed that way.  I also know of the engine.  There is another fuzzy plan image if you google 'Sirotkin stunt designs'. It has a fuse a lot like this one but not the full elliptical wing.  My Ruusky isn't too good.  I know this is a cool bird tho!  It's on my soon-to-build list.  Have a good bunch of Eastern Block engines I want a home for.

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 09:38:29 PM »
Hi Dave,

I am pretty sure this one is the Ilushyn, I did a lot of research several years ago into Sirotkin, Gabris and Kolesnikov.  If you want full size plans let me know.  There are several details that give it away.

Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 06:32:02 AM »
Bill I think that fuzzy drawing is a Kolesnikov airplane.  If you have those plans I'd like to have them.  The Gabris Supermaster is next as soon as I finish the finish on my last Desperado.  Then I think the Spacehound followed by these two.  Let me know what I owe you.

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 10:58:38 AM »
Bill the info sent.  Thank you!  And you are sure right about the name-  found a couple pics to prove it.  The fuzzy picture I think says its a Petrov design.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 12:10:49 PM by Dave_Trible »
AMA 20934

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 08:47:57 PM »
Tom Dixon sells plans for the Sirotkin Illushion.
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2015, 08:06:53 AM »
Hey Denny!  That's good to know.  Bill is making motions to send me a copy.  If that doesn't work out for him I'll try Tom.  That tandem landing gear looks interesting.  Must have tip skids but didn't notice them on the small drawing.   Seems somebody in your family had sone thing like that....Snoopy?

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 07:13:19 AM »
Bill I've picked five ships I plan to build but not sure if they are all classic or if one or two are nostalgia 30.  Since you looked into these guys can you date them?  I know the Spacehound and Supermaster are classic.  I'm pretty sure this Kolesnikov is:
AMA 20934

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 07:14:52 AM »
What about the Illusion and this one?
AMA 20934

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 08:40:12 AM »
Bill I've picked five ships I plan to build but not sure if they are all classic or if one or two are nostalgia 30.  Since you looked into these guys can you date them?  I know the Spacehound and Supermaster are classic.  I'm pretty sure this Kolesnikov is:

Hi Dave,

Nostalgia 30 did not exist when I was working with Steven on Classic Soviet team models.  So I concentrated on Gabris and Sirotkin.  I am not sure of the Kolesnikov model shown.

From Gabris I have the Master and Supermaster.  For Sirotkin I have the Spacehound and Ilushyn.  These are all Classic eligible.  The Ilushyn was Sirotkin's Russian NATS plane in 1969.  Bicycle gear (wing tip skids), Mig 21 looking nose (spinner smaller than nose opening), elliptical wing.

Thanks
Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 08:55:07 AM »
Thanks Bill.  Likely doesn't matter too much for most contests.  I've seen the trend to put both classes together at a lot of contests.  Even so I'll keep looking to try and find out.  I'm confident about the Kolesnikov model mostly due the power plant specified.  The other calls for 7cc which might place it in the 70s although the Akrobat .42 was obviously in the Illusion which IS under the wire.....,

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 05:57:35 PM »
Just as an FYI to anyone following along I got the answer to my question about the Petrov 7cc airplane above.  According to an auto stunt bio of Yuri Yatsanko (of Shark fame) he based his first large design closely from the Petrov airplane indicating Petrov was 3rd at the 61' Worlds.  This would have been behind Lew McFarland's Shark 45 and about the time Bill Werwage was playing with his Super Ares.  Seems to me it's a 'classic'.  Must say that wing looks a great deal like the Y-Shark wing....

Dave
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 08:04:13 PM by Dave_Trible »
AMA 20934

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2015, 10:09:55 PM »
One of those suckers he steamed all the RIBS from ( 2 m.m. square ? ) Spruce . As the winters are long in Siberia .  :(

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2015, 07:45:46 AM »
The wing construction on the Illusion and the Petrov airplane have been  hard to decipher on these rough drawings.  I blew the Petrov up to full size but it was done in autocad (cursed be the day) so the lines are 1/4" wide mismatched dashes.  I'm thinking this one wasn't an Ibeam and spent a bunch of time plotting out each of 17 different rib shapes.  Plan to make them from light 1/8".  The spar and leading edge construction is just a blur so having to guess here too.  Also he had removable gear.  I can't make any of that out so will just solid mount it.  Hoping the Illusion plans from Bill are more clear.  That MAY be a Beamer....don't think I'll use spruce Matt.

Dave
AMA 20934

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here