News:

• May 10, 2024, 07:24:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: One more classic from BHM  (Read 1034 times)

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
One more classic from BHM
« on: January 05, 2007, 03:36:17 PM »
CHALLENGER, designed by Walt Musciano
This full bodied build up model has a 32" wing span and is designed for .19 to .29 engines. The kit is laser cut and includes a plastic cowling, wing tips, and wheel pants. under $90.00

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
Re: One more classic from BHM
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 10:37:12 AM »
That plane was about $7.95 when it was introduced. It looked really great in the ad that Scientific used to present it. Of course the price was so high I'd have had to kill someone to buy it. Even though it isn't a serious stunt plane or a world beater or a status symbol I'm going to call SS Hobbies and buy one simply to satisfy my youthful yearnings. Oh and you done good larry.
Dennis

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 01:11:20 PM »
Dennis,
         I am sure that you will be very pleased with this kit. I am also sure that no matter where you go to fly it there will be an admiring crowd of on-lookers. You might be surprized at how well she flies too, it is not fair to judge a Black Hawk Models kit against a Scientific Models kit. While the design may look the same there several differances.
Good Luck!
Larry

Offline gwassenaar

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 09:26:33 AM »
Sorry to be late in reacting to this topic. I would very much like know, if anyone has built the original stunt plane as published in Walter Musciano's book. This relates to a Challenger-like plane, but with silk on stringers spanned body . It is some what larger than Challenger.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here