News:

• April 27, 2024, 08:35:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New project started  (Read 726 times)

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
New project started
« on: January 04, 2008, 10:27:42 PM »
Well, since Mike Haverly beat me to building a Freedom 45, I decided to something a bit out there. With the headaches that the Cobra has been causing me (I don't even want to go into the inkline issues I've been having) and the fact that I can't get the new computer I built to work (Man, I hate resource conflicts), I decided to go after something to distract me.

So, I've started a Bernie Ash "Supersonic". I'd post pictures, but until the darned computer starts working again, no pictures. But I have to say that it will be interesting. I've never built a plane with a nose that long or a fuselage that long. I've read Bernie's rather extended explanation of the leadout sweep and bell crank location and some additional stuff on the design. As I said, it should be intersting. I hope the wing will fit in the darned jig.

The plans are less than clear, so I've been accumulating information on the thing. It is unique.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
Re: New project started
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 12:35:47 AM »
Well, first challenge. I went through every canopy I have (about a dozen). No joy. Guess I'll have to start hunting one down.

Sigh...

I have no idea of what was used on the original. Man, I will hate it if I have to make a plug and form my own.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 11:54:01 PM »
Randy,
I was hoping that you would build a Sheeks airplane, but since Bernie and Jack flew together, it is OK.

I am sure that you have made canopies before. Sometimes it is worth the trouble to get it like the original, if at all possible.

AMA 7544

Offline Clint Ormosen

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 12:49:18 AM »
Well, somebody better post a pic. I have no idea what this plane looks like.
-Clint-

AMA 559593
Finding new and innovated ways to screw up the pattern since 1993

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here