News:

• April 30, 2024, 11:17:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Designs for Profile, Classic, and PA, 60 size ?  (Read 2230 times)

Offline Allan Perret

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Proverbs
Designs for Profile, Classic, and PA, 60 size ?
« on: September 11, 2012, 08:30:27 AM »
What are some Profile Classic legal designs that would also be competitive in PA.   
Tom Morris is having good success with the Profile Cavalier which is a 40 size plane. 
I am looking for something in a 60 size. 
Maybe even a Warbird which could then be used in 4 events.
Allan Perret
AMA 302406
Slidell, Louisiana

Online Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Designs for Profile, Classic, and PA, 60 size ?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 09:26:10 AM »
There are not very many .60 powered profiles prior to 1970.  In fact, I am not aware of any.

The Profile Bearcat by Frank Williams is a really good airplane.  His used an ST .60.  Model Aviation, Dec 83.  Plans available from the AMA, listed under "Bearcat".

Keith

Offline Allan Perret

• Admiral
  • Proverbs
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 01:48:12 PM »
OK, forget about the Warbird part. 
Still looking for 60 size profile Classic legal designs.
Allan Perret
AMA 302406
Slidell, Louisiana

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 03:25:22 PM »
I agree with the Chief.  I do not know of a single profile from the Classic era that was for a .60.

VERY few for a .60 in the Nostalgia 30 era.  Although the Bearcat Ty built is eligible next year (at least).  We are only flying Nos. 30 around here now.  So we can still use our Classic models, but also a new world of competitive models. (1983 doesn't seem that long ago! LL~ LL~ )

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline John Sunderland

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 05:50:35 PM »
Kim Doherty used to fly a profile called the Snowbird in the 1990's. I believe it was based on Zhang Dongs Sky Writer. From what I remember, the summer 1995, it flew quite well.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 02:13:28 PM »
I found this picture that I think was posted by Kim Doherty, maybe on SSW. Pretty close to being a profile, definitely not Classic legal, but it does look like a ST .60. 

I have a Randy Powell "Barracuda" hanging in the rafters, a profile for a ST .60, also not Classic legal. I haven't flown it. Got it in a deal with Dave Gardner. I should put the DS .60bb in it and see how it flies. It's a high A/R design, so it should be interesting.  :o Steve   
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

John Leidle

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 05:49:04 PM »
 I have an Olympus under construction.
    John

Offline Aaron Little

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 12:44:08 PM »
Build a Bob Palmer Skyscraper (gorgeous plane) and put the PA61 in it?
Or a Shark yeah maybe its a little more than needed but its no Nobler/61 combo  VD~

Allen Brickhaus has some kind of classic plane with a PA6something in it, I don't remember exactly what the model name is.

Other thoughts
Original Patternmaster
USA 1

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 09:44:52 PM »
I'm pretty sure the OP wanted one design that he would be able to power with a .60 and fly in three events, but maybe I'm the one that's confused....  ??? Steve

"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Aaron Little

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 06:14:07 AM »
I'm pretty sure the OP wanted one design that he would be able to power with a .60 and fly in three events, but maybe I'm the one that's confused....  ??? Steve

Good point, the ones I mentioned are not profile legal.
I do not think there were a lot of really big profiles during the classic time frame were there?

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here