News:

• May 27, 2024, 09:38:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rebel almost ready for assembly  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Leo Mehl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Rebel almost ready for assembly
« on: January 24, 2009, 06:36:58 PM »
Wing fuseledge and tail section almost ready for assembly. Flaps and tail surfaces are bult up and very light. FP 40 for power. This plane is built according to my memory and as you know that's dangerous. I suspect I will have it framed up by the end of the month. HB~> HB~> HB~> S?P

Online Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Rebel almost ready for assembly
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 07:56:51 PM »
Leo:
More info please, that is an awesome looking wing.  WHO's design - perchance a Leo original???
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 12:09:07 PM »
Leo:
More info please, that is an awesome looking wing.  WHO's design - perchance a Leo original???
This is the first real stunter I designed in the early sixtys. I flew it a couple years on the contest circuit and then a niegbor of mine wanted to see it fly so we went out to fly it and on the second lap the up line broke and it was only a 39 ounce plane and when it went in at 4 feet off the ground ther was not much left. I changed the design after that  and changed the name from Rebel to Grinder for several reasons. I finnaly drew plans for this plane and am building it for classic and it was a little ahead of its time and the plane flew well. I tried to post a picture of the fuse yesterday but had problems getting it to upload so will try again. Boy sometimes the old noggin just decides it ain't goin to work right. 3,300 megapikels will not down load on this Forum. Ther is a Picture of this plane on the Northwest Flying Lines web site. In the History section. The man below me in this section was Gene Matheney and my flying buddy in those days. We used to fly every day a week before a contest. HB~>
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 12:36:33 PM by Leo Mehl »

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 07:53:37 PM »
Leo..
YOU HAVE TO PAINT THAT NEW ONE BRIGHT ORANGE AGAIN!
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 10:28:19 PM »
Leo..
YOU HAVE TO PAINT THAT NEW ONE BRIGHT ORANGE AGAIN!
The new one will be orange like the old one. I have acciidently made some changes that I didn't mean to make but all in all it will look the same. I almost have it framed and will include picture. A couple of the changes are to make it look a little better.
Wow Shultzie your a ding dong daddy and thanks for finding another picture of the Rebel. You arrrreeee the maaaaaan! #^ #^ #^ #^ #^ #^ #^ #^ HB~>
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 10:49:18 PM by Leo Mehl »

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 03:59:49 PM »
Wow, Leo. You were once only old, not really old. That's pretty cool. And I like the plane, too.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 07:11:49 PM »
Jeez, Leo, I'm sooooooo glad that you've seen the light and put the LO's on the inboard wing for a change. Looks really good thataway.  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)  H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 11:16:13 PM »
Jeez, Leo, I'm sooooooo glad that you've seen the light and put the LO's on the inboard wing for a change. Looks really good thataway.  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)  H^^ Steve
I'm thinkin that you have been havin tooooo mannny bruskiees at the pitza parlar. Either that or you been affected by all that snow. LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ HB~>

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 05:15:47 PM »
This plane is now all framed and the fillets are curing and then it will be ready for the finishing procedure.I Hpe that the new one will have as good a finish as the one and only original. HH%% HH%% HH%% HH%% HH%% HB~> Check out the paint column next time. I am sure will have pictures.

Offline Scott B. Riese

• AMA Member
  • Captain
  • Just a student of stunt
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 09:13:23 PM »
I can't wait to fly it!!  010!
Scott Riese
Portland, Oregon
AMA 528301

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 08:45:17 PM »
I can't wait to fly it!!  010!

Me too! I wanna ride it!!!  LL~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 10:00:17 AM »
Yup,I'll give both you guys a ride!@@!!!???!!! HB~> HB~> HB~>

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 12:37:09 PM »
I'm thinkin that you have been havin tooooo mannny bruskiees at the pitza parlar. Either that or you been affected by all that snow. LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ HB~>

Did you mean infected or affected or aflicked. LL~

H^^ n~
Don Shultz

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 12:56:35 PM »
Or "Effected"
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 05:08:03 PM »
Or "Effected"
I think I will put him in the aflicted catagory. Am I close or what? LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ HB~>

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here