News:

• April 27, 2024, 05:44:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Classic models from Black Hawk Models  (Read 1867 times)

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Classic models from Black Hawk Models
« on: January 05, 2007, 03:29:04 PM »
Custom Special designed by Walt Musciano. Laser cut kit with extra parts that allow you to customize it the way you like it. Wing span 24" Engine .09 to .15.

Offline Robert McHam

• Admiral
Re: Classic models from Black Hawk Models
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 11:18:52 AM »
Very nice!

Robert
Crop circles are simply open invitations to fly C/L!

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 10:50:56 AM »
Custom Special designed by Walt Musciano. Laser cut kit with extra parts that allow you to customize it the way you like it. Wing span 24" Engine .09 to .15.

Larry,
You need the decal sheet that they used to include in the kit. Real 60's stuff, flaming skulls, flames and I forget the rest of it. The plan if I remembere correctly had a few customiuzing options. Do remember the extra fins that they had on the stab. At any rate we had one, used it to try out a few motors and I do remember flying it with a Cub 14. Not a world beater but fun.
Dennis

Offline Robert McHam

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 11:54:44 AM »
Mr. Lipsett, Larry mentions the "extra parts" that allow customization. The decals might be a problem from what I have heard about other models. Boy wouldn't it be nice to have a set like the one you describe?

Robert
Crop circles are simply open invitations to fly C/L!

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 01:00:14 PM »
On the kit decals we have a flaming skull and a few other period decals. The kit decals is a large sheet with several options on it. We do NOT copy the Scientific decals because they are protected by a copyright abd while there so other people producing and selling them we will not. We are the second largest producer of control line model kits and the largest producer of Walt Musciano kits in the world so we have to much to loose by violating a copyright.
         Our kit has a sheet of wood for "Sport" fins and a full size pattern sheet so that you may chose the ones you want to use and cut them out, we also include the two different rudders and single and double landing gear. We altered the fuselage by molding the canopy into it and changed the way the landing gear is attached. To view how the fins look on the model you can go to my web site, go to Mucsiano kits, click on the "Custom Special" and on to the customer models. Henry Werner of "Virginia Hobbysport" entered one in a Musciano contest.
         We flew our test model on a .09 OK engine. It flew great even though the engine did not want to perform well. We list the kit at $49.50 plus $4.00 shipping but you can get a discount at either Vieginia Hobbyspotr or Sam's Stuff. I think that it is a good deal and a great flying plane. We promote it as a good first build up model for the trainee.
Larry

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 01:53:36 AM »
Hi Larry,

I've said it before, but to say it again, I am very happy that y'all are doing Walt's planes!  That was a true "Golden Age of C/L where kids were all over school yards with planes flying.  I remember looking at the Scientific ads over and over and over.  So many choices!  Seemed like they made everything.  y1

Walt is a very special man to the history of C/L.  I guess he designed more planes than anyone else.  At least I don't know of anyone who did more!  And a simple "hollow log" kit would fly, and stand some abuse from a kid learning to fly.  I think that it was very important to the widespread involvement of so many.

I'm waiting on the F-7 Cutlass and the TBF Avenger!  You gotta get those done. ;D

Best wishes for Black Hawk!

Bill Little <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 10:22:36 AM »
The Avenger was selected for this year but do to other projects it may have to wait awhile. The Cutlass has eluded me so far but I think I may have the plans in my sights.
          I believe that Walt is beinging featured in the coming CLW mag. I have not recieved mine yet.
Larry

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 03:12:56 PM »
If you could make me a copy and send it to me it yould save me a lot of work and time. Of course I will pay for the copy and postage.
        I will run the plans through our design team and the partners....then who knows.
        I have seen a couple of finished models and it looks great. The big qoestion is can we produce it with the machinery that we use.
Larry

Black Hawk Models
300 east Arbor Street
Long Beach, Ca. 90805

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 05:06:00 AM »
Hi Larry,

I would *think* that the production wold be about the same as the other "hollow logs".  From what I remember (I haven't looked at them in a long time) the lay out doesn't appear any different.  It has separate parts to give it the "Cutlass" style.

Give me a few days to get them out and copied.  I'll send them to you and I hope you can get a kit from that! ;D

It is just so unique that it's really "Cool"!  A flying wing, twin tail, tricycle gear Navy Carrier plane!  Just so many unique features to it.

Cool is the right word for it. It was the only plane in the Wen Mac lineup that everyone wanted. Whether it flew well or not.
dennis

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here