News:

• April 27, 2024, 12:45:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodak Buster  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Bob Disharoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Brodak Buster
« on: February 03, 2007, 03:09:33 PM »
Im considering getting one from lonestar..havent flown in 30 years!..good or bad choice?...any suggestions?....wanna keep this first kit inexpensive for obvious reasons!..thnx, Bob

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: Brodak Buster
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 03:17:05 PM »
Hi Bob,

A remake of the Goldberg Buster, sorta!  Wing constructon is a *little* different.

Good flying model as th Shoestring and Cosmic Wind were in that CG line.  Should build easily and get you back into the air!  Have an engine picked out for it??

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Bob Disharoon

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 06:15:48 AM »

got the engine..fox35...had one 30 yrs. ago on a ringmaster and voodoo..should work fine..thnx for the help, Bob #^

Offline Russell Shaffer

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 06:57:26 AM »
People will give you static about the Fox, but I sure like mine.  It just keeps running better and better.  Now I probably won't be able to start it after bragging on it. 
Russell Shaffer
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Just North of the California border

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 08:34:33 AM »
My Brodak Buster is a hoot. Built up light with the very good wood in my kit. An all time fun plane. Powered by a fox 35, it should be fairly mild and forgiving. Mine turns tight and is stable. Power is a honking Tower 40 run fast. Turning a 10x4 something like 14,000 rpm. Ridiculous plane. Our fun loving top 20 flyer laughs a lot when he flies the Buster. Can't get enough of it. I hear the monokote shriek as he turns some wicked corners. He always talks about how it won't slow down, no matter what you do. I still have a Fox 35 CG Buster built thirty years ago. It turns tight and is a mild flying sport plane. I hope to do another Brodak Buster at some time. Legal in Foxberg the way yours is setup (with a Fox). If you run into a Foxberg guru they're liable to bend your mind with stories of these engines turning high revs on smaller props. A well broken in Fox 35 will turn high revs. True. Usually just before the crank goes ping and snaps. A fox 35 Buster is legal in foxberg, something to think about.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 11:38:35 AM by Dennis Moritz »

Offline Bob Disharoon

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 03:29:58 PM »
I remember seeing the wood "fix" for the 35 somewhere....are there any pictures of the fix around?...by the way, Lonestar sells the brodak kit for 40 bucks..not a bad deal #^

Offline W.D. Roland

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 10:58:45 PM »
if this buster is the same as the goldberg you cant go wrong--i wouldnt put any thing more powerfull than a fox stunt on it and you will be a verry happy pilot!

I still have a goldberg buster buit in 70s.possibly the most enjoyable airplane i ever built.(the shoestring i built flew like disturbed lead).sanded it to death making the shape real pretty-monokoted with a g21 .35 with 9x6 t.f. p.p. and brass wedge tank.ran it slobering rich and would do any thing you wanted---until the last few laps when it leaned out.by the time the engine quit i would be sweating bullets hopig it wouldnt shed parts as it passed through the sound barrier.one day it did just this and left the elevator in the dust-shed both sides and then the engine quit and glided in an ever increassing dive . made a plunk noise coming to rest with nothing else broken!
it possibly may have been faster than the best of the slow rats.(durring the no ball bearing times)
hope to recover/paint/new elevator and fox .35 soon---i do miss flying this one.

a thought--this combo with a 9x7 or 8 trimed to keep revs in peak of torque curve should be exlent in fox burg---not sure what rules are?

David
David Roland

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here