Classic Designs > Classic Planes

Bob Hunt Genesis: Modified Scratchbuild

(1/3) > >>

Jim Carter:
  H^^  Hello everyone!  Well, my flying buddy saw this design, years ago, and decided he wanted build one.  Well, I was fortunate enough to find a set of plans and get them printed for him.  We chatted about it and how we would go about building one if ...  Needless to say, he convinced me to build one too then we could compare notes, ideas and so forth.  Other than a couple of building mistakes, on my part, I'd like to think I didn't do too bad to get to this point and it's prepped for covering.  My buddy has already completed his and gotten his initial flight with it using an old Fox .35 for power and he was very pleased.  As for me, I decided to cover mine with monokote rather than painting, as he did because I'm pitiful at painting!  I'll opted to use an old OS .35 for power, and I need to find a tongue muffler for it.

Now here's my problem, along the way, I decided to do it in the colors of the 2023 Super Bowl winners, Chiefs or Eagles.  I have enough red, black, white and gold (substituting cub yellow), monokote to cover assuming the Chiefs win.  However, I need to acquire a roll of teal monokote assuming the Eagles win as I have enough white, black and silver (substituting either aluminum or dove gray). 

My question to all of you is: does anyone have a roll of teal monokote they would be willing to part with/sell?  Thanks in advance.  H^^

Jim Carter
Titusville, FL

Gary Mondry:
Problem solved. Overcome by events…

Bob Hunt:
Yup, the Genesis always looked better with some red on it!

Congrats to the Chiefs!

Bob Hunt

Jim Carter:
Yep!  Thanks for the responses but the color scheme issue has been solved  ;D!!  I like your color scheme too!  I 'spose I'll be doing something on this order.  Hopefully it will look and fly really well when all is said and done  ;)

Bob Hunt:
LOL! Yeah, that works, Jim. Be true to your team (Beach Boys I think... or is it Be true to your school? Yeah, that's it). Anyway, following that thinking my planes should be big and blue as I'm a life long Giants fan. Being a Giants fan I had to root for the Chiefs this time; I couldn't root for another NFC East team. Although, I like the Eagles much better than the Cowboys...

Hope your modified Genesis flies great!

Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version