News:

• May 10, 2024, 12:35:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Black Hawk Models Giant King Pin  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Jacob Godsey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
Black Hawk Models Giant King Pin
« on: September 13, 2012, 07:20:03 AM »
Hello everyone. I have recently moved up from 1/2a to larger sized CL planes. The only one I currently own is a Skyray flying with a 25 La-S. It flies absolutely amazing. I love it. I decided to get the Giant king Pin from Black Hawk Models in the event that I crash the Skryay. I do not want to be caught without a large plane to fly. I have a McCoy 35 Red Head to use on it. Does anyone have suggestions on this plane or pictures/videos of one? Any suggestions on the engine? I have come to understand that the quality of some McCoys can be suspect. But when you find a runner it will last forever. My dad has a regular McCoy 35 that is definitely a runner. He told me that I could use it if I wanted. The fuel I use is 25% Castor 10% Nitro. When we finish burning through this gallon will will move to some 5% Nitro 25% Castor. We will still use the 10% Nitro for our RC engines. I love the amount of oil that is left behind. It makes me feel a lot better about my engine.

I have another question. Should the engine be tuned to the traditional 4-2-4 break for level flight and leaning out in a stunt or should it be a solid 4 for level flight and the 4-2-4 for stunts?

Rolla

Offline Bill Little

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: Black Hawk Models Giant King Pin
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 10:29:50 AM »
Set the engine where it is in a "cackle" on the ground.  Bouncing between a 4 and 2.  Once it is in the air, depending on prop load, plane weight, etc., it might go into a solid 4 cycle.  You can then set the engine leaner or richer depending on if the "break" is satisfactory.  Once the needle is set, change the prop to control airspeed.  Typically a 10-6 is the prop to start with.

I happen to love the engine run of the McCoy Red Heads.

I have never had, nor seen, a Giant Kingpin in person, but I do have the Giant Stuntmaster and it flies really well!

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here