News:

• April 27, 2024, 02:09:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 77 Nats version of the Chizler  (Read 1881 times)

Offline Ty Marcucci

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
77 Nats version of the Chizler
« on: November 27, 2006, 07:40:38 PM »
With my  Kodak Instamatic, I took these two at the 77 Nats.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 11:25:32 PM by Ty Marcucci »
Ty Marcucci

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
Re: 77 Nats version of the Chizler
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 02:54:10 PM »
Dick Mathis?
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Online Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 07:14:51 PM »
The pictures in the photographs at the beginning of this thread are of a later version of the Dick Mathis Chizler.  His original was published in November 1966 Flying models.  The model in the article was originally finished in clear dope over red Japanese tissue, trimmed with black tissue.  Dick flew that model to 2nd place at the 67 Los Alamitos Nats only a few points behind Bart Klapinski.  He used that same airplane at the 68 Olathe Nats and finished 8th under some "adverse conditions". 

Dick build some later versions of his Chizler, one with retracts, and another as shown in the photographs above.  What is shown in the photographs appear to be quite similar to his original except the canopy is a bit small and the cross section of the aft fuselage is a bit less complex than his original.

All Chizlers that I have seen or had are all good flying machines.  I think they are a testament to Dick Mathis and his ability to design airplanes that work very well.

By the way, Dick is on the United States F2C Team (FAI Free Flight Power) that will compete in the Ukraine next year with models of his own design.  He is also planning to return to the CL circles.

Keith Trostle

Eric Viglione

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 09:20:30 PM »
Ty - I hope you don't mind me doing a little PhotoShop wizardry to your photo... Just thought it was worth a shot, I could probably do better if I had your original scan...
EricV

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here