News:

• April 27, 2024, 10:00:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1968 Gieseke Nobler plans  (Read 5986 times)

Offline Ivan Bolton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
1968 Gieseke Nobler plans
« on: January 10, 2014, 03:20:01 PM »
Hi all. 

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the 1968 Gieseke Nobler plans?  I believe there may be a set drawn by Paul Tupker???!!!  I have seen a jpeg of a plan with notes on it on another forum with a taller fin than the Top Flight kit version for which I already have the plan.  If I build one I want to make sure that it  is Classic legal.

Thanks

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Re: 1968 Gieseke Nobler plans
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 04:14:03 PM »
Hi all.  

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the 1968 Gieseke Nobler plans?  I believe there may be a set drawn by Paul Tupker???!!!  I have seen a jpeg of a plan with notes on it on another forum with a taller fin than the Top Flight kit version for which I already have the plan.  If I build one I want to make sure that it  is Classic legal.

Thanks
Here is Bob pointing to his 1968 plans....might try using the Search engine here at the top of the Stunthanger forum heading
Don Shultz

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 07:07:19 PM »
    Try the Moon brothers at UHP, Ultra Hobby Products.  I think that is where I got a set of them from.
   Type at you later,
     Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 02:02:32 PM »
Hi Ivan,

The plans from the Moon Bros. at UHP are definitely Classic legal.  I have those and the Tupker plans.  IIRC, The UHP are 1966 and the Tupker are 1968. (might have that backwards! LOL!!)

Big Bear
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Ivan Bolton

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 05:27:04 PM »
Thanks,  I've now sent for the UHP plans of it  from Steve Moon

Ivan

Offline Dallas Hanna

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 03:46:01 AM »
I would think a model built from this would be ok as well.  Plan prints full size.

HH

Offline Ivan Bolton

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 08:28:50 AM »
Thanks Dallas That's exactly the plan I had seen.  It's now printed out and taped together.  Thanks a million

Ivan

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 09:55:35 AM »
Is the bump in the bottom block strictly a kit thing? ~^ I see that plan has the correct flap length. I think the kit wing has a longer inboard flap. Seems like it took a lot of changing on my first kit to get the flaps correct. I think I called Bob and asked him.
NOTE   Bob also had a version with a shortened wing 48-49" and he said he liked it better.
Ed
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 10:39:07 AM by EddyR »
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 06:45:21 PM »
I consider the   B U M P as a TRACERS ERROR ,

If you LOOK , that TRACER has traced the lower plank outline , rather than the continuation line from the underside of the Rear Lower Plank
bisecting the Front Lower plank DIAGONALLY .

Therefore , builders have copyed the SOLID LINE in ERROR .  n~ %^@ VD~     H^^

Offline Dallas Hanna

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 08:24:56 PM »
I consider the   B U M P as a TRACERS ERROR ,

If you LOOK , that TRACER has traced the lower plank outline , rather than the continuation line from the underside of the Rear Lower Plank
bisecting the Front Lower plank DIAGONALLY .

Therefore , builders have copyed the SOLID LINE in ERROR .  n~ %^@ VD~     H^^

Wot you on about Matt?  D>K  "the Bump" is where the original bottom block was cut away in height by around 3/8" behind the wing to reduce rear side area from my long ago memory.  Only someone in the US could give a year when Bob did this modification.  The Topflite kit of the GN doesn't actually qualify for Classic here in OZ if we go to the letter of the law!  The plan above is prior to having this feature as well as having the fin still tall.  Certainly no tracer error.

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 11:35:50 AM »
Dallas is correct. Did Bob ever build one like the Top Flight Kit is what I am asking.
Ed
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 05:07:20 PM by EddyR »

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 01:37:51 PM »
Dallas is correct. Did Bob ever build one like the sig Kit is what I am asking.
Ed

Uh, Eddy, I love ya, but it is a Top Flite kit...............

;D

Big Bear
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 03:07:11 AM »
On the kit plan , the front ( underwing ) 1/2 " Sht. is drawn  SOLID , The line from the rear raked 1/2 ' underside DOES NOT continue forward to the underside of the underwing block .

DRAFTSMANS ERROR . ( Noteably the TRACERS  , tracers being twerps incapeable of configureing drawings , usually )

Hence the 1/2 in. step , to a ' plan built ' giese Nobler / Top flite . If they used thinned PVA theyed probably spot it . Useing super glues probly the most mentally dysfunctioning .

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2014, 02:04:15 PM »
Here is the kit plans. 1/2" block to the trailing edge with a 5/16" sheet to the same spot then it is3/8 to end of body.
Kit Body plans are 1/8" shorter in height above the wing moving the thrust line down 1/8". The kit stab is 3/4: shorter than his notes. Kit flaps are 21" inboard and 20.5" outboard.
 Note Bobs plans have  two numbers for the inboard flaps use the shorter 19.5 length. Also Bobs flaps are wider at the tip. I shortened my inboard flap to 19.5"  to stop the plane from hinging bad. Later I used wider flaps than the kit showed and it flew much better. I sold the first one to Eric V and then built several with all the mods using ST/40-46 motors in them. Flew them for years untill I went to larger planes.

Offline Dallas Hanna

• Commander
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 05:01:47 PM »
On the kit plan , the front ( underwing ) 1/2 " Sht. is drawn  SOLID , The line from the rear raked 1/2 ' underside DOES NOT continue forward to the underside of the underwing block .

DRAFTSMANS ERROR . ( Noteably the TRACERS  , tracers being twerps incapeable of configureing drawings , usually )

Hence the 1/2 in. step , to a ' plan built ' giese Nobler / Top flite . If they used thinned PVA theyed probably spot it . Useing super glues probly the most mentally dysfunctioning .

R%%%%  Matt, we still can't see what you are rabbiting on about!!  The original plan from c1968 by Bob G which I posted filled the bill for Ivan.  It is confirmed above in a post where Bob G himself is pointing to the T-shirt plan.  I will concede that I did fix the spinner shape as Bob's line work was a bit out  S?P.  The year we need to confirm is when Bob G trimmed that bit off the bottom block rearward of the wing.

As for the T.Flite kit of the G.Nobler, you had better pre warn me when you next visit the flying field so I can bring the kit plan with me.  Maybe you can teach me some of the finer points of drawing interpretation.............. or maybe not!  D>K

HH

Offline Horby

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 10:13:06 PM »
You can download the plans at Hippocket Aeronautics.
That site has alot of neat things and forums.

Warren

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2014, 12:05:14 AM »
' we ' ?

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2014, 09:09:02 AM »
Hey Mat, you know.   Me, Myself and I. LL~ LL~ LL~  Hope you are getting a lot of flying in as your winter is coming on.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2014, 01:36:14 PM »
Perhaps a bit of credit is due to the fellow who is wearing the "Plans Shirt" to which Bob is pointing in the photograph above. That's Stan Brock, a good friend of Bob's. Stan also flew a very nice, blue, Gieseke Nobler. I have a great photo of that ship around here somewhere, and I'll try to find it, scan it and post it on this thread. Might take a while...  The shirt was Stan's work by the way... It got a great laugh at the 1969 Nats!

Later - Bob Hunt

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here