News:

• April 30, 2024, 10:16:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 1959 Hi Johnson Stuka  (Read 1279 times)

Offline leoflyboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
1959 Hi Johnson Stuka
« on: October 17, 2010, 08:05:19 AM »
Getting ready to cover aircraft,almost a shame really,so many neat innovations. This design never got to show its real ability,many saw mag article and filed it under too hard to build. Now with modern techs and materials,5 short kits are on order so maybe we,ll see it more often. Very scale looking,all reports say has wicked good turn. lots of fun to recreate past legends!!Any other builders wishing to get in on fun contact at robroyflyboy@msn.com.  Rob F

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: 1959 Hi Johnson Stuka
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 09:40:52 AM »
NEED PIX!

THe only one of these I ever saw was one built locally that weighed 60 oz with a Fox 35.  Uh, NOT a good example, except it looked scarry wicked!
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline leoflyboy

• New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 06:55:23 AM »
Dennis,you,re quite right to point out wght problem ,60 ozs makes it a boat anchor. I,m at 33 ozs now lacking only cover and finish ,hoping to be at 40-42 ozs max,original was 43 ozs.Will have PA 40 or Brodak, or DS 40 for power,should be enough dont ya think??Any tips you can pass on greatly appred,maybe you could survey you dad also.  Thanks in advance Rob F

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 02:54:24 PM »
Hi Rob

No direct experience, the only one we saw when we first started in stunt was aforementioned boat anchor.  As I recall there was a LOT of wing area, at the weight you are talking that ought to fly very well.

Of course at that weight ANY of the engine choices you mention will be great.
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 04:25:34 PM »
Hi Rob

No direct experience, the only one we saw when we first started in stunt was aforementioned boat anchor.  As I recall there was a LOT of wing area, at the weight you are talking that ought to fly very well.

Of course at that weight ANY of the engine choices you mention will be great.

Mack Henry   built one and it flew pretty well..once he got an engine in it that would power the plane thru maneuvers , the plane does like power because it does have some draggggggg
Beautiful ship!
Randy

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here