News:

• May 01, 2024, 01:31:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Why I Stay With This Hobby  (Read 538 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Why I Stay With This Hobby
« on: September 27, 2007, 06:42:47 PM »
A big surprise in the mail today.  A big envelope with plans for a profile Corsair for Navy Carrier.  I want to thank Eric Connellyfor this.  I have one question, "Do I see positive incidence in the stab/elevator in relation to the wing and engine"?  Thanks again Eric,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline eric conley

• 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Re: Why I Stay With This Hobby
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »
     Hi Doc, glad you got the drawings and hope you find them interesting. Actually you don't see more incidence in the stab-elevator as compared to the wing. Theres incidence in the wing also. I like to line up everything (engine, tank, wing) so there will be less drag so if I want the plane to look scale the trailing edge of the wing has to be low on the fuselage. The leading edge doesn't make that much difference because the engine and tank clutter up that area so that no one ever notices where the leading edge is. When I sat down to draw up the plans to the 109T plane it looked more like a semi-scale stunter and was ready to drop my efforts when I discovered as long as the TE was in the right place everything else looked ok. It flys real good. eric

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here