News:

• May 05, 2024, 09:27:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wanted - Skyshark stuff  (Read 548 times)

Offline Ken Deboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
    • Silk and Dope
Wanted - Skyshark stuff
« on: February 18, 2009, 10:16:11 PM »
I would like to buy enough Skyshark parts to finish building one. The only part I really need is the landing gear. Other parts that would be nice are the canopy and shaped leading edges. Can pay with Paypal or money order. I would also like suggestions on a "period correct" engine to power it with. Please pm me if you can help.

Thanks,
Ken
There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

Offline Mike Anderson

• Admiral
Re: Wanted - Skyshark stuff
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 07:03:43 AM »
Hi Ken -

Went down a dug out an old Skyshark box but for the life of me I cannot find the half-built model that I inherited at the same time -

Then only things in the box were the tail skid and the canopy - I think that the plan/instruction sheet MAY be in a big manilla envelope somewhere - do you need that?

I haven't given up on the half-built airframe, because I don't believe I would have thrown it out without at least removing the bellcrank (but possibly could have already given it away) -- in any case if you want whatever I do find, give me a mailing address and it's yours.

(PS - the canopy is in "OK" condition, not great.  Needs some cleanup)

You can back-channel me at mikeainia <at> iowatelecom.net

Mike@   AMA 10086
Central Iowa

Online Gordon Tarbell

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Wanted - Skyshark stuff
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 09:03:24 AM »
Ken I have an original virgin kit of the skyshark. You can borrow any part out of it to copy and send back the original. The kit still contains all the extra printed material (optional control systems etc.) I even have a 1965 Model Airplane News mag with a picture of a NW event (maybe Seattle) with a young teenager using this model to compete in Carrier. I didn't realize the model went back that far. I didn't think it was kitted until much later. Gordon
Gordon Tarbell AMA 15019

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here