News:

• May 05, 2024, 09:34:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: tite lines  (Read 573 times)

Offline roger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
tite lines
« on: June 22, 2009, 12:02:03 PM »
how do i maintain tite lines with a .15 plane when im doing my slow run without the use of a slider? also where can i buy  yellow props also what prop sizes do i use? and do i use differant weight lines on a .15 plane? ???

Offline bfrog

• Commander
Re: tite lines
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 06:04:33 PM »
Roger,

15 carrier planes are notorious for feeling very light on the lines during low speed. I have an adjustable line guide on my planes (it's not a slider, I can adjust them on the ground and then they are set for the flight). I set them with a as much rake as I can and still have decent control at high speed (I'm guessing they are about 15 degrees to the rear). It costs a  bit in overall speed but during low speed it helps a lot. Remember to launch the plane at an angle so the lines are straight, this means that the plane points outward at launch. You can also use more motor offset too. I use about 5 degrees motor offset.

Don't know where you can get yellow props.

I use 7X4 APC props on my Cox Conquest, they seem to work the best. Try different sizes depending on the motor.

The rules state .012 stranded or .010 solid liines, 52' to 52'6" in length.
Bob Frogner

Offline dale gleason

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
Re: tite lines
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 09:00:37 PM »
When Bfrog croaks, it pays to listen. I always do. I recently pulled my .15 plane off the wall and it was really fun to fly. I might add that joining NCS is a good move for Carrier pilots, lots of good help from good people.      dg

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here