News:

• May 07, 2024, 05:27:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: This might be fun!  (Read 863 times)

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
This might be fun!
« on: February 13, 2009, 09:27:16 AM »
     While we are working on two new carrier models, at Black Hawk Models, we thought that a .06 carrier model might be fun. Our new Dynamic seems like the perfect choice. We have included both beam and radial motor mounts so any .049 to .15 may be fitted. We will be shipping these kits to dealers next week. The high, 130 sq. inch, wing should be a plus in small carrier.
Larry

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: This might be fun!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 08:25:13 AM »
I hate to be the old stick in the mud, but, there are too many carrier classes now.   R%%%%DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 09:12:39 AM »
  Well, Doc, that just might be the problem. Everyone thinks that they have to compete in a contest to fly and enjoy Carrier. This limits participation and keeps new people from joining the sport. We need to make it simpler, cheaper and easier to do at any flying site.
     The idea behind this model flying carrier is just that. With limited investment of treasure and time you can go out and enjoy taking off from a carrier deck, doing fast and slow laps and making an arrested landings back on the deck. If you enjoy it then...yes, move up to a real competion model and go for it. This model can do all of the above with or without an R/C engine and a three line set up (Instruction included in kit). Simple answer...if you do not think it will be fun then...don't do it.
Larry

Offline don Burke

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 10:41:56 AM »
I have a carrier practice setup that's a piece of 1/8 nylon rope about 15 feet long.  The rope goes through two holed golf practice balls to hold it off the ground and there are 5 lb weight bags on the end.  It's set on the ground with the balls about 5 feet apart, the weights are angled away from the direction of flight, just like on a regular deck setup.  Works great for practice hitting the deck.
don Burke AMA 843
Menifee, CA

Joejust

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 09:37:15 AM »
  Well, Doc, that just might be the problem. Everyone thinks that they have to compete in a contest to fly and enjoy Carrier. This limits participation and keeps new people from joining the sport. We need to make it simpler, cheaper and easier to do at any flying site.
     The idea behind this model flying carrier is just that. With limited investment of treasure and time you can go out and enjoy taking off from a carrier deck, doing fast and slow laps and making an arrested landings back on the deck. If you enjoy it then...yes, move up to a real competion model and go for it. This model can do all of the above with or without an R/C engine and a three line set up (Instruction included in kit). Simple answer...if you do not think it will be fun then...don't do it.
Larry

Larry your ideas in paragraph 2 are exactly why I have instituted the Postal Carrier Contest that starts in April and runs through May. For anyone reading this that is unaware of the potal contest please email me <ukeyman@justice.com> and I will send out all the infor about this contest and the thinking behind it.

Joe Just

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here