• May 14, 2024, 05:29:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: starter  (Read 570 times)

Offline roger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
starter
« on: August 04, 2010, 10:54:39 AM »
dose anybody know how to put together a engine starter to a battery so i dont have to drive my car up to my plane to start it? or do i have to buy it that way? i see some guys have the motor on a small stand, and just carry it that way. H^^

Offline Mike Anderson

• Admiral
Re: starter
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 11:34:45 AM »
You can get a rechargeable battery pack with brackets to mount the starter in - with a charger.  Don't know brand names or details but I know some use them.  Others have home-made 'cases' that have the starter/battery mounted in a similar manner.

I use a 'pit box' that has a 12v. battery and a power panel and just connect starter leads to the 12 volt output of the power panel.  The box has a 12 volt gel-cel or lead/acid battery that I recharge occasionally with a small 12 volt automobile charger.

In actual fact, I seldom get the starter out of my big tool box - I really don't have much trouble starting most of my engines by hand.  If I have to flip more than 3 or 4 times, though, I usually start thinking about the starter.

<edited to add>:

Here are a couple of options --

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0093p?&C=PCF

« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 12:01:45 PM by Mike Anderson »
Mike@   AMA 10086
Central Iowa

Offline 50+AirYears

• Commander
Re: starter
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 02:45:34 PM »
I believe the battery pack I have for my Sullivan Dynatron is a Hobbico.  Seems to me Sullivan products has a 14.4 Volt pack available.  Kind of wish I had one.  The 12 V Hobbico has been a bit light on power to start my Fox Eagles.
Tony

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here