News:

• April 27, 2024, 01:06:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sig contest results???  (Read 739 times)

Offline bfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Sig contest results???
« on: June 24, 2008, 07:33:51 PM »
If I'm not mistaken wasn't the Sig contest last weekend? If  so does anybody have any results, both electric and glow?????

Just curious.
Bob Frogner

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Sig contest results???
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 07:30:18 AM »
Its in the open forum.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Peter Mazur

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 11:12:49 AM »
The winds were pretty bad on Saturday, Carrier day, and a lot of us thought it was not worth it to fly at the highest winds with the Nats less than three weeks away and having no backup airplanes. So there were a lot of DNF's, myself included, for some or all attempts in each class. The most flying was in Skyray (because people didn't care so much about them?) but they don't fly particularly well in wind, either. I dumped mine (trivial damage) due to the wind, and others had similar problems. The Bill Calkins broke a wire on his controller pot and scratched, and Mike Anderson and Curt Netcut had flight problems, probably more related to Skyray issues than electric issues. Art Johnson had a new one there but didn't want to test fly a new airplane in the wind. Altogether, there were five electric Skyrays brought out, so it is starting to take off, and we are still learning.
Pete

Offline bfrog

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 08:12:28 AM »
Pete,

Thanks for the synopsis. Sounds like less than ideal conditions. Five Skyrays is encouraging though. Hopefully we get a good E turnout at the Nats. I may even have my E Vampire ready.

Bob
Bob Frogner

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here