News:

• May 02, 2024, 12:15:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Proposals  (Read 458 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Proposals
« on: September 05, 2009, 10:30:50 AM »
Going to the AMA site to see the scale proposals, I decided to see if there were other proposals.  One in carrier pertaining to electric powered planes.  I don't quite graqsp why we should allow electrics to be allowed to be a half pound heavier than the IC powered planes. 

Also I would have liked to see a proposal limiting how much room a pilot needs for keeping his/her plane under control.  I have been a circle judge several times and have moved around quite a bit to keep an eye on the contestant because in reality they did not have full control of said airplane.  I know there is max height on high spee, maybe a max height on low speed.  Why do we have the circle requirement if the pilot is not required to stay in it during the timing of the speed portions.    My thoughts.  DOC Holliday R%%%%
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline skyshark58

• skyshark58
  • Captain
Re: Proposals
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 01:39:59 PM »
AMA RULES SAY-----11.2.1. No low-speed points shall be awarded if any of the following infractions occur: 11.2.1.1. The flight radius of the model is lengthened by the contestant walking a circle greater than three (3) feet in diameter. The contestant may step out of the three-foot circle to regain control of the model when lines go slack, but he/she is expected to return to the three-foot circle when control is established.
                                                                                                                                                                Mike Potter
mike potter

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
Re: Proposals
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 09:43:58 AM »
Doc,
Perhaps the allowance for the extra weight is to take into account that the electric weighs in with its fuel on board, and the glow does not have its fuel on board when it weighs in
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here