News:

• April 27, 2024, 12:11:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nostalgia Profile plans  (Read 880 times)

Offline bfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Nostalgia Profile plans
« on: January 30, 2007, 05:47:24 PM »
I am thinking about building a nostalgia profile plane so I have another event for Nats and other contests. I would want something that is vintage so it would qualify for the nostalgia points. This means I need documentation that the plane was around before Jan 1978.

Anybody have some plans I could use?

Thanks
Bob
Bob Frogner

Offline eric conley

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
Re: Nostalgia Profile plans
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 07:54:04 PM »
Hi Bob, this is Eric. I've got some plans for a F4B4 or F4B3 bi-plane that dates from Dec. 1974. Its a Joe DeMarco design and I have his article on it also. I never was much on bi-planes because you have to build 2 wings but this plane is nice looking and Mike Potter has one and it is a real nice flier. Also there is a web site <  cpinternet.com/~tawilk36/  > that you can order a CD on nostalgia carrier planes that has at least 15 profile carrier planes with their articles that can be down loaded so you can build the models.
Went down to Tucson this last weekend to the SWR. Saw Pete Mazur and Dick Perry there. Pet turned in another great flight with his CL2 plane (462 points I believe). I took 3 planes and didnt get any flights in for a number of reasons. Great weather down there, perfect for carrier. eric

Offline bfrog

• Commander
Re: Nostalgia Profile plans
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 08:48:01 PM »
Eric,

Thanks for the pointer to Tom  Wilk. I got some old speed times on CD from him last year.

The biplane would be fun but I agree with you, two wings mean more build time and generally they are slower too. I think I'll order the CD from Tom and see what that has on it.

Pete mentioned he was in AZ last weekend, didn't know you made the trip too. Maybe one of these years I'll make it down there for contest. This year I was just too busy getting my little business going. Too bad you had problems, at least the weather was good. How was the turnout?

I'm going to try experimenting with vacuum bagging if I can get my hands on a fairly inexpensive vac pump. Seems to me it would be good to use on carrier planes as you can build strong and relatively light weight. We shall see.

Thanks for the tips.

Bob
Bob Frogner

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here