News:

• May 01, 2024, 04:25:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nostalgia Carrier  (Read 814 times)

Online Ron Duly

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Nostalgia Carrier
« on: October 01, 2007, 02:26:44 PM »
This new topic is intended to displace the "farce" topic that appears under Carrier.  Anyone scanning the various topics is sure to be turned off by the negative nature of the title.  So, what to do about Helicopter Carrier?  You have two choices: do nothing or do something.  I like the second choice.  There is no reason to have Helicopter Carrier in your area if you don't like it.  Again, you have two choices:  specify in the contest notice that sliders are not allowed or host Nostalgia Carrier.  The Nostalgia rules awards bonus points for pre-1978 designs and engines.  It is also fine to use a modern engine or design but you will give up the bonus points.  A Carrier contest can be held that allows vintage or modern equipment without sliders.  All it takes is for YOU to sponsor the contest of your dreams.  Have contests on a regular basis to encourage participation.  Nostalgia rules are available from Dick Perry, Model Aviation contributor.     

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
Re: Nostalgia Carrier
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 10:16:54 PM »
Right direction, Ron.
Building anything one likes and participating is what is needed. Now if only I could do the same.
I think a nice Sterling Corsair with a Tigre 40 would be just right for me.
Maybe an old Dumas Corsair II for profile, or a modified Guillows Trainer III ?!
Chris...

Offline don Burke

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 11:28:05 PM »
As a sometimes carrier competitor here's my two cents.  Nostalgia carrier may be the short term answer.   I don't think being restricted to old designs is the overall answer.  My opinion is that the idea of the NAVY CARRIER event is to fly airplanes simulating the modes of full scale.  NO FULL SCALE CARRIER AIRPLANES FLY/OR FLEW HANGING ON THE PROP, unless just immediately prior to a crash!

Those who do well with "helicopter carrier" like it just fine and see no reason to change the rules.  Unfortunatley it is too late in this cycle to change anything.  Maybe next time.

don Burke AMA 843
Menifee, CA

Offline skyshark58

• skyshark58
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 07:08:24 PM »
Alltho it doesn't have a prop to hang on a FA-18 Super Hornet sure does a cool nose high 60 degree slow flyby ! So you can't say NO real airplane hangs like our models do.
mike potter

Offline don Burke

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 09:37:48 AM »
Please notice I said "...hanging on the prop...".  So unless you want to consider the fan in the engine a prop, F-18 doesn't count.
don Burke AMA 843
Menifee, CA

Offline Bob Riegl

• Ensign
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 09:47:55 AM »
 y1 Thank you very much Don & Skyshark, my sentiments exactly. HB~>
FLY
C

Advertise Here
Tags: