News:

• May 20, 2024, 05:51:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No small jobs  (Read 517 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
No small jobs
« on: July 28, 2010, 07:56:09 AM »
Carrier flyers,  check out:      www.planeaday.com   today.   A small part of all the great men/women keeping out country free.   :)
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
Re: No small jobs
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 09:39:57 AM »
Pretty cool site, brings back memories of times long forgotten.

Offline Dennis Holler

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 11:07:25 AM »
It reminds me  when I first got to the boat (CVN-70) my div berthing was up under the aft flightdeck I think the 03 level....It was a real B!$ch when they were doing ops! BAM-swish then whir whir whir as the arresting cable was wound up each time.  It sounded and felt like a building falling on my head!!!  I learned to wear  ear plugs right then!  Soon after they moved us forward and down...it was a lot quieter...of course I spent most of my time between frames 165 and 180 and on the 5th and 6th deck with my TLD making and using steam........... HB~> Liberty call...all depts except reactor HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~> HB~>
I've started plenty...would be nice to finish something!!!

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 03:19:16 PM »
We were always berthed on the 02 deck up under the cats. Most of the time when the ship was at flight quarters we were working other times you were so tired it didn't matter.

Offline Dennis Holler

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 08:52:37 AM »
Yea, I was either 6 on 6 off or 5 on 10 off on watch plus work day plus drills down in the steam plant, never got to see much as far as flight ops, although they were pretty neat.  y1

Ditto on the tired and sleeping part, I doubt anyone aboard ship was blessed with overly abundant sleep patterns LL~ LL~

Its funny, at the time, all I wanted out of the Navy was me LL~ of course looking back it was a great learning experience and classic period of growing up for a ship full of young men, well some grew up anyway ;)
I've started plenty...would be nice to finish something!!!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here