News:

• April 27, 2024, 12:44:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Sportsman Profile plans available  (Read 826 times)

Offline bill bischoff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
New Sportsman Profile plans available
« on: April 23, 2012, 08:36:08 PM »
I have just completed the plans for my foam wing, non-slider version of the F6F Hellcat. A small preview copy is attached. The plans are not magazine quality, but the airplane certainly is. This is the airplane I built as a club carrier trainer last year (with a few minor improvements). Parts count is low, and construction is simple and quick. The plans will also include a CD with detail photographs and a few paragraphs about the construction techniques and methods. The design is sized for any of the small case 32-36 engines such as OS and Thunder Tiger. For those wanting something a little different, I also have outlines available for a Zero. Since the construction details are the same as the Hellcat, the Zero drawings are outlines only. In other words, you'll need the Hellcat plans to build the Zero. For the Hellcat plan, CD, and US postage, the cost is a paltry $15.00. Add another $5.00 for the Zero outlines. To order, send me a PM. If you have questions, ask here because somebody else may have the same question.

Steve Moon of Ultra Hobbies will be drawing the (much nicer) plans for the slider equipped version of this model. The outlines are the same, only some of the systems are different. These plans will be sold through Ultra Hobbies. I don't have an ETA, but I am thinking months rather than weeks. When they are done, I'll tell you!

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
Re: New Sportsman Profile plans available
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 08:39:36 PM »
Here's the Zero. The plans for the Zero with the built-up wing are going to be different, and are still down the road.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 10:19:14 PM by bill bischoff »

Offline dankar

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 10:08:57 AM »
Plans look very good.

Offline skyshark58

• skyshark58
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 10:19:21 AM »
Bill,What foam cores do you use and where can you buy them?       Mike
mike potter

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 04:37:07 PM »
The cores are the Gotcha 460SX from the Corehouse. You typically have to buy a box of four sets, so you might as well build both of 'em!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here