Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Carrier

NCS Forum

(1/4) > >>

john e. holliday:
At the NATS during the NCS meeting I mentioned this site that Robert has.  I have just come back from Google trying to find the results of NC at the NATS.  Might get more people if they knew what was going on.  Otherwise you have to be a dues paying member to get the newsletter.  The NATS Newsletter does not have the results of Saturdays unofficial events.  As a few know too well, when making suggestions to the powers to be in the NCS you get put down very quickly.  I know the NCLRA(racing society) has electronic newletter that you down load.  PAMPA is talking about the same thing or a CD in place of Stunt News, as postage and printing are getting out of sight.  PAMPA's alternative is raising dues.  I even suggested a dues increase to the NCS.  Needless to say I paid for 3 years and kept quiet.  Enough said,  DOC Holliday

PS:Anybody have a left hand .15 engine?  Reasonbly priced for less than a $100.00.  jeh

L0U CRANE:
John,

I'd thought Fox Mfg might have a reverse rotation shaft for their BB Schneurle 15, but on-line catalog doesn't show one. Might be a few around the factory, somewhere, if you have a friend inside. If it were possible, that could be a nice choice. Most everyone has a pretty good Fox BB 15 Sch, so cost of conversion would only be the shaft, a CW-turning prop, and a brief re-break-in...

ENYA 4-bolt front end engines can convert to CW rotation by turning the front end 90° either way. ...At least the plain bearing ENYAs with a bolt pattern that allows it... Unknown: what effect that has on the intentional biases of shaft port open and close times. Most likely would be down in power from an LH Fox 15 BB Sch, if there were such, and from other newer strong 15s.

Gerry Deneau preferred the CCW rotation Cox/K&B/(now RJL) Conquest 15s, which DO howl! RJL may have them in stock, but LH shaft availability? And, keeping cost under $100?

Almost offered you either or both of a pair of old Cox Medallion 15 reed valve engines, but those were pretty lame from Day One, long, long ago. Parts could be a problem... But, they could turn the wrong way...

I know LH rotation offers good things in Profile, possibly also in Class 1 & 2 Carrier - the torque kick on throttle-up tends to roll the model out, not in, like CCW rotating props. Is there that much to be gained in .15 Carrier? Gimmicks are restricted. Well, sure, it is possible to rig a very basic Carrier model to hover/hang, if you insist...

Paul Smith:
I wish the "powers that be" would just ban LH cranks in 15 Class, along with all the other stuff that's already banned.

Alllowing just the flipper, gas pedal, and  hook to move was great !   Now red line the LH crank and you'll have an event.  Otherwise, it's be another 3-man world. 

john e. holliday:
Thanks Lou, I may just go ahead with one of the Fox 15 Schnuerle stock. 

Paul, it doesn't matter if it LH or RH it still takes practice to win.  Also a little bit of luck. 

Have fun,  DOC Holliday

Paul Smith:
Sure it always takes practice to win...

With LH cranks, a lot of engines are X-ed out because you can't get the cranks for them.
The selection props is reduced, along with the chance of getting them at a good price.
If you can get a crank for a particular engine it costs money.

So those few who still fly the event get the Low speed to be a few MPH slower.

Is that a good thing for participartion?

Is the goal to increase cost and reduce headcount?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version