News:

• May 05, 2024, 12:12:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Navy Carrier at the NATS  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Clancy Arnold

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • I am 5 Ft. 8 In., the Taube is 7 Ft. 4 In.
Navy Carrier at the NATS
« on: July 04, 2008, 01:25:21 PM »
Can someone tell me what the schedule is for Navy Carrier at the NATS?

Thanks,
Clancy
Clancy Arnold
Indianapolis, IN   AMA 12560 LM-S
U/Tronics Control
U/Control with electronics added.

Offline bfrog

• Commander
Re: Navy Carrier at the NATS
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 07:36:23 PM »
The schedule is a little different this year. As far as I know it's as follows:

Note that processing for the official events is the evening before the event.

Navy Carrier Events

NOTE: Processing Tuesday starting at 5:00 PM at field

WEDNESDAY, JULY 16, 2008

AMA 321 Profile Carrier (JSO)

Unofficial Sportsman Profile Carrier (JSO) unofficial event

NOTE: Processing Wednesday starting at 5:00 PM at field

THURSDAY, JULY 17, 2008

AMA 319 Carrier I (JSO)

AMA 320 Carrier II (JSO)

NCS Annual Meeting and mini-Banquet that Evening.

FRIDAY, JULY 18, 2008

(Rest of unofficial events)

NOTE: Processing on Day of Contest starting at 7:30 AM at field

.15 Carrier Expert (JSO) (glow and electric combined)

.15 Carrier Sportsman (JSO) (glow and electric combined)

Skyray (JSO) (glow and electric combined under current Sig Rules)

Nostalgia Profile (JSO)

Nostalgia Class I & II (JSO)

All Electric events (Profile, Class I, Class II) (JSO)
Bob Frogner

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 09:34:33 PM »
I see that everything is listed as (JSO).  Is this actually the case?  I think that Art Johnson was mentioning that they were seperate.  Any clarification?  I have a Senior that was going to try the Sportsman Profile and Skyray 35 Carrier.  BTW, what time does the Skyray 35 kick off?
Thanks,
John
John Paris

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 07:59:42 AM »
Unofficial events usually start as soon as processing is completed on that morning.  All carrier is started by having a drawing of names that sign up early to start the flying schedule.  Then it is sign up when ready to fly.  The unofficial events end when no one has signed up to fly for at least 15 minutes after the last flight was completed.  All official events end at 5 PM or when last official flight has been made.  Makes for a very long day when someone is waiting for the weather or has problems with equipment.  Let your Senior-Junior modelers enter sportsman as I have been beaten by them many times.  Remember Sportsman is a profile only plane. But, most of all try to have fun,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 04:24:03 PM »
I see that everything is listed as (JSO).  Is this actually the case?  I think that Art Johnson was mentioning that they were seperate.  Any clarification?  I have a Senior that was going to try the Sportsman Profile and Skyray 35 Carrier.  BTW, what time does the Skyray 35 kick off?
Thanks,
John

John,

When my son won Jr. Scale at the Nats for the third time and received a Plaque that said "first in junior sport scale"  I thought of having a trophy made for him that was befitting a National Champion. I never followed up on that, but I always wished I had. 

If I were you I would make a huge deal of both of your kids flying, call your hometown and Muncie paper and have them interviewed, and have some nice trophy made for them denoting their accomplishments as Junior age class National Competitors and Champions.

When you win the Nats, you are the National Champion, period.
 Jr., Sr. or OP., it doesn't matter. If the other kids didn't show, too bad for them. Your's did.
The AMA doesn't really care about kids, as you know. They pay lip service. Those that have kids involved are the ones that care, so in turn are the ones that really bear the responsibility to show them what their performance means to us, and hence transfer that feeling to them.

Glad you are going to make it, as my boy has been "talked out of" going to the Nats. Good luck and have fun. With your children close to you, you've got it made, my man.

Chris...

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 08:15:33 PM »
Chris,
I am lucky that my kids will actually get out there and fly.  They even spend a little time in the building room now and then.  While they have not attained the level of National Champion in one of the events yet, my daughter has an eye on the Beginner's Stunt trophy which is quite a big deal.  Allen Brickhaus has done an outstanding job on running this event as well as Brodak's support of the Intermediate event which I hope the kids get a chance to move up to.  While it is not an easy job to keep them interested I am certainly proud when the do get out there and give it a shot and I do let them know that their efforts mean a lot.  Sorry to hear your son was "talked out" of the Nats.  For us it is a close enough contest to make every year with enough variety to make it fun. 
John
John Paris

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 07:02:29 AM »
John,  I am so glad your young adults are still flying and wish them the best.  Chris, too bad your son was talked out of the NATS.  I remember an individual who's son wanted to go, but, Dad said it was too expensive for a little trophy.  I tried to convince him that it wasn't the trophy, but, the people and the friends they would make.  A moron at Church has convinced my grandaughters that they shouldn't be playing with toy airplanes.  Can't even talk the oldest into going with me to just help when I need it.  Anyway I hope to see the Paris clan at the NATS.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline don Burke

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 11:48:24 AM »
Too bad about your grandkids and the MORON at church, there are too many "holier-than-thou" of those at most churches.
don Burke AMA 843
Menifee, CA

Offline Clancy Arnold

• Admiral
  • I am 5 Ft. 8 In., the Taube is 7 Ft. 4 In.
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 06:23:53 PM »
I originally asked about the dates of the NATS as I intended to be there.

BUT, The wife has developed a Knee problem and meets the surgeon on the 16th so I have canceled my NATS plans.  I may get to attend the C/L Scale in August.

Clancy
Clancy Arnold
Indianapolis, IN   AMA 12560 LM-S
U/Tronics Control
U/Control with electronics added.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 03:11:41 PM »
Clancy, I hope your wife is okay.  Tell her DOC Holliday says to follow orders of the doctor.  It is too bad that we can't have trophies for Junior & Senior Champions.  But, with the new procedure of number of trophies depends on number of pre entries it is pitiful.  There claim and there is a lot of truth is that a lot of trophies went unclaimed because of lack of entries in the Jr/Sr events.  I was hoping also that Grace would go for the Sportsman award in profile.  I know Art Johnson offered to let her have a plane.  Later,  DOC Holliday

PS:She is the Beginner National Champion with her brother in second. jeh
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline bfrog

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 07:46:22 PM »
Grace Paris did enter sportsman profile and did well. Her first flight she did hi speed, touched in low speed but made a landing anyway. Second flilght she got a good hi and a low but missed the last rope and skidded off the deck on landing. She looked very confident and flew well I thought.
Bob Frogner

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 01:46:27 PM »
Everyone,
Grace did fly and did not do too bad in my opinion for a first time flyer.  Not sure if she has the bug, but I think that I will build that Skyray 35 carrier plane to have ready just in case.  Thanks to all that helped us out and let us fly in the small window that we had available.
John
John Paris

Offline BillCalkins

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2008, 02:33:19 PM »
Grace looked great out there and flew very nicely. She was a little surprised at the 55 pound or higher pull test, but did it. I think she'll catch the bug if we let her fly something a little hotter.
Bill

Offline BillCalkins

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2008, 02:37:18 PM »
Clancy,
thanks to your Utronic unit, we had 4 planes flying in 5 events, 2 competing with gas and 1 of those, .15 carrier, was won with electric.
I'll be sending you an order for a couple more of those. Have you got any rotary pots yet?
Bill

Offline Wayne J. Buran

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 04:55:55 AM »
John, congratulations to you and your wife for two great kids. Sometimes these days one has to really wonder where the kids of today are headed. Glad to see they are participating and even if they don't continue they have learned some valuable lessons. See you at Signal Seekers.
Wayne
Wayne Buran
Medina, Ohio
AMA 14986 CD
USAF Veteran 35 TAC GP/ 6236 CSG, DonMuang RTAFB, Bangkok, Thailand 65-66 North Coast Controliners   "A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here