News:

• May 28, 2024, 04:35:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fun Flying  (Read 640 times)

Offline john vlna

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Fun Flying
« on: August 25, 2014, 11:45:49 AM »
I don’t really practice, but I do like to fly the slow portion on the carrier pattern. I have two rather unusual planes that I use. I have some pictures so I will have to split these into two posts.
The first is a model I built about 5 yrs. a go. It is designed based on the Boeing B-390, a design which never was built, but was a carrier project. This was a competitive idea to the more well know Vought project.

The plane is all foam except for some carbon fiber reinforcement, a minor bits and pieces of wood. It was designed from the begining for small electric power. The motor is a Turnigy L2210-1650Kv, 30 Amp ESC, 2s 1300mah battery and an 8x3.8 prop.

I never have clocked it for high speed, but it is the slowest plane I have. It is extremely stable, even in some under windy conditions. It also allows me to practice landing. I set up my field box as a marker and try to land right in front of it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 01:26:02 PM by john vlna »

Offline john vlna

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Fun Flying
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 11:55:58 AM »
The other plane is a thing based on the Geobat (search the internet and you’ll find it.). I built it about 10 years ago as a sport 1/2A stunt plane. Originally it used a Novel .061., now it is electric and uses the same L2210 motor. The setup is a bit different  APC 6x4, 800mah 3s battery, 18Amp ESC.

It is made of coroplast (a corrugated plastic used for signs) and is essentially indestructible It is harder to fly, requiring close coordination with throttle and attitude.

Both models use 2.4 for throttle control. And, when you get tired of flying carrier it still is stunt capable.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 01:27:17 PM by john vlna »

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here