News:

• April 27, 2024, 06:24:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Excellent Scorpion motor support  (Read 804 times)

Offline bfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Excellent Scorpion motor support
« on: September 11, 2008, 10:18:50 PM »
I just got my Scorpion motor back from Innov8tive Designs. I had crashed it heavily on an experimental version of the old Vampire. I thought the motor was ruined. I emailed Lucian at Innov8tive and he told me to send it in and they would look at it. I mailed it off to them, with his email attached, and waited. About 2 weeks passed and I got a call from Lucien saying they were able to repair it with a couple of parts (motor shaft and one other part). Total cost to me was $20 including labor and shipping back to me (which took all of  3 days).

I was extremely pleased with the service and the work they did. I had an Axi motor that I bent a main shaft on and I couldn't even get a replacement shaft to install myself. Innov8tive sells parts and stands behind their products. It's good to see a company that listens to the customer and helps the guy who crashes his airplane!!!

Just thought I would relate this so others can appreciate, and maybe use, a well supported product.
Bob Frogner

Offline Mike Anderson

• Admiral
Re: Excellent Scorpion motor support
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 09:35:01 AM »
I will second Bob's comments and experiences - Lucien/Innov8tive/Scorpion are all about individual support for their users.  I have had personal replies from Georges, the owner of the company, on issues related to Scorpion motors.  I cannot overstate my own satisfaction with the product and the support.  Oh, before I forget, I originally purchased my motor from Randy/RCDude and he is just as helpful and nice to deal with as the rest of the Scorpion 'family'.  CLP**

.. Hey Bob, what have you been up to all summer?  I've been doing "other than carrier" things for the most part, but I want to get my E-Ray out and fly it a few times before the end of the summer.  I haven't flown it too much since the SIG contest, except a couple of flights to test propellors.

Mike A
Mike@   AMA 10086
Central Iowa

Offline bfrog

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 09:30:09 PM »
Mike,

Besides that Nats I haven't been doing a lot of flying or building. I have had the 15 sized electric up a few times and its flying pretty well except it has slowed down. I think the ESC is not set right, or the linkage has been adjusted out of whack. I had to make some new lines and that caused some adjustments that might have gone the wrong way. Slow speed is good though.

I started a 36 sized electric to have ready for the  Phoenix contest but have had builder's block and I'm stuck with the wings 3/4 done and nothing else. Probably won't finish it before Phoenix. The contest is the end of Oct and we are going on a cruise from the 11th to the 21st. I'll be home for two days then off to Phoenix. The Scorpion motor is for the new plane.  :P
Bob Frogner

Offline BillCalkins

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 06:10:16 PM »
I'll verify that Innov8tive designs stand behind their products.

Last year I stuffed a Scorpion and received a new shaft free of charge.

Then it spit out a magnet. Got a new motor free of charge.

This year I ordered a couple and they arrived promptly.

Bill :)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here