News:

• April 30, 2024, 09:00:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Eric C.  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Bill Little

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Eric C.
« on: January 22, 2007, 02:31:55 PM »
We discussed the F-4-F Wildcat that you had in Profile Carrier.  Have you found those plans? 

Thanks!
Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline eric conley

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
Re: Eric C.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 03:31:53 PM »
Ive looked every where I can think of and have not found them. I'm begining to believe they were a victim of my move to Nevada. Sorry, eric

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 09:59:55 PM »
Thanks for looking.  Maybe they will show up in an unexpected place sometime. ;D

What are a good set of plans to get that show all the basic of a profile carrier plane?

Thanks!
Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline steve dinerman

• New Pilot
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 07:21:09 AM »
Bill the last profile carrier plane that i remember being published is my kingfisher design published in the Oct 1987 flying models.if i were to build another one now i would go with a thicker airfoil and the bellcrank suspended under the wing so you could get more line sweep.the article also also explains how to fly at 60%. it is a must read article if you are thinking of getting into carrier.
stephen dinerman

Offline eric conley

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 11:59:01 AM »
You have asked the $64k question Bill and I think you will get a different answer from each person you talk to. I'm involved in ''AMA Carrier'' competition flying and that is what I address when talking about carrier. Many people that dont fly carrier in competition feel that it is a scale event that has a added feature of landing on a carrier deck(a very simplified explanation on my part) and it is not quite that simple any more. To me carrier is a bit of a technical event (both building and flying) with some simi-scale aspects (AMA PROFILE CARRIER) thrown in which I enjoy very much. Class 1 and 2 I'm afraid is a little different in that it is (or suppose to be) based on scale (+ or - 5%) and is ruled by the MO1 at this time. So getting back to your question of what set of plans will show the basic of carrier building, I dont think there are any. I could send you some of my thoughts and I'm pretty sure someone else could send there thoughts and you would be wondering if we were talking about the same thing. Do you suppose this is why carrier has gotten smaller? If it is it's a very poor reason. I could go on and on but for now maybe I have dug my hole deep enough for now. eric

Offline eric conley

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 01:00:23 PM »
Just hit on something for some plans for a F4F. Tom Wilk's has a web-site  (www.cpinternet.com) that features his CDs for CL. His # 6 CD has a profile F4F in the profile section by Joe DeMarco that looks petty good. Wont be the latest thing in hardware but the plane looks good. Ive been told that if you take his CD to a place like Kinkos thay can down load the plans to full size. eric

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 11:12:21 PM »
Thanks, Eric.  I got your email!

I mentioned some time back that I was given a beat up (but airworthy) Dumas Corsair II/Crusader plane the needed to have the wings recovered and an engine put on it.  I have everthing to use to get that into the air, and at least get a feel of what it's all about.  I don't guess the plane is actually legal for anything anymore, but it will be a start until I can build something! ;D

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline Paul Smith

• Admiral
Dumas Corsair from Camp Gaylor
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 05:51:49 AM »
I evacuated a partially-built Dumas Corsair from Camp Gaylor in 1972.   Did anybody here abandon it?

I finished it as a sport stunt/combat plane.  Actually flew it in Vietnam, Thailand, and Canada.
Then converted it to a 3-line engine testor in Wichita. 
Finally retrofitted it to a balloon buster as shown.

The plane is way too heavy to ever be a descent Profile Carrier job.  Furthermore, the 10-point bonus for "semi-scale" would be an uphill battle.
-------------
ps: In it's place, I abandoned a 48" I-beam wing.  Did anybody claim it.  Most likely used as kindling wood.

Paul Smith

Offline Balsa Butcher

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • High Desert Flier
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 07:59:41 AM »
Joe DeMarcos F4-F is Model Airplane News plan FSP10823. It looks like it may be competative with the addition of the usual accessories. MAN published some good designs in its day, unknown where you could order them from now.  The CD seems like a good possibility.
Pete Cunha
Sacramento CA.
AMA 57499

Offline Ken Deboy

• Commander
    • Silk and Dope
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 10:55:41 AM »
Joe DeMarcos F4-F is Model Airplane News plan FSP10823. It looks like it may be competative with the addition of the usual accessories. MAN published some good designs in its day, unknown where you could order them from now.  The CD seems like a good possibility.

Try here: http://www.rcstore.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=EcomBB&mod=E%2DCommerce%3A%3AProduct+Catalog&mid=D30FB4BBE3764A5694C4972616B7262A&tier=3&id=E8D60FEAEC144BCAAA63DE475312BEAA

cheers,
Ken
There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 10:12:07 AM »
Thanks for the link, Ken!  H^^
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

Trying to get by

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 06:58:36 AM »

MAN still carries quite a few control line plans.  I don't remember seeing the F-4-F, but there are several other designs there in the listing.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here