News:

• April 30, 2024, 03:47:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: engins for class 1&2 CARRIER  (Read 1881 times)

Offline steve dinerman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
engins for class 1&2 CARRIER
« on: December 22, 2006, 10:17:54 PM »
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL
I HAVE NOT FLOWN CARRIER SINCE 1993 AND WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT WHAT ENGINES ARE BEING USED IN CLASS1&2 CARRIER NOW.I DO NOT WANT TO BUILD AIRPLANES AND NOT BE COMPETIVE.
STEPHEN DINERMAN

Offline skyshark58

• skyshark58
  • Captain
Re: engins for class 1&2 CARRIER
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 11:02:34 PM »
The engines in class I &II are about the same. Nelson is one exception. The Nelson 40 is king of class I and the 36 version of the 40 is on top of profile. As for class II the good old Rossi 60 is hard to beat. I think if you were flying something with a slider then you are good to go. Use your old engines and fly on.   Mike
mike potter

Offline johnstrollo

• New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 09:14:11 AM »
Not a carrier guy, but love those airplanes.
When you said that the Rossi .60 is hard to beat, did you mean the old single bypass speed engine?
[I have one, and I bought a Brodak Skyraider profile, yet unbuilt]

Offline skyshark58

• skyshark58
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 11:00:53 AM »
The Rossi 60, any version would work for class II, but would not be usable in the Brobak Skyraider. Profile carrier has a maximum engine size of .36. I recommend you get a Thundertiger .36 pro for the Skyraider and get involved in carrier using that combination. Later on you could build something from plans for the Rossi. Tom Wilk has a CD for sale with all the carrier plans ever published. Print out what you want to build enlarge them and build! His web site is    www.cpinternet.com/~tawilk36   
mike potter

Offline johnstrollo

• New Pilot
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 04:06:23 PM »
Aw, I don't wanna fly carrier. I just like the SKYRAIDER. And I really like that old ROSSI

I was just wondering if that was the engine that was being used currently?

Offline skyshark58

• skyshark58
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 05:12:19 PM »
 OK ??? Any 60 is too heavy for that airplane regardless of what you are going to use it for. Find a .29 or .35 for it and it will fly great! Fly on :)
mike potter

Offline johnstrollo

• New Pilot
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 08:06:06 PM »
I get that part.

Is the Rossi .60 single bypass engine [the old RR] still used in modern carrier events????

That's the only thing I wanted to know.

I also happen to have an unbuilt Brodak Skyraider, which I bought cause I like them.

I would put my MVVS GRRT in the SKYRAIDER, or one of my X40's, or maybe a 6.5 KB, or maybe a 7.5, I have all of those engines too...just to fly it fast. I would even put a bladder tank on it, like a combat plane, and build it to fly CLOCKWISE, cause I like clockwise...

But I wouldn't fly carrier, I just wanna know if my engine has any worth for someone besides a collector.

Offline skyshark58

• skyshark58
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 08:49:54 PM »
Yes I have seen them used! :)
mike potter

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 11:02:35 PM »
I get that part.

Is the Rossi .60 single bypass engine [the old RR] still used in modern carrier events????

That's the only thing I wanted to know.

I also happen to have an unbuilt Brodak Skyraider, which I bought cause I like them.

I would put my MVVS GRRT in the SKYRAIDER, or one of my X40's, or maybe a 6.5 KB, or maybe a 7.5, I have all of those engines too...just to fly it fast. I would even put a bladder tank on it, like a combat plane, and build it to fly CLOCKWISE, cause I like clockwise...

But I wouldn't fly carrier, I just wanna know if my engine has any worth for someone besides a collector.

Does this last post mean that you would sell it to a Carrier flyer with competition in mind?

Chris...

Offline steve dinerman

• New Pilot
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 02:20:07 PM »
when i originally made this post i was considering getting back into carrier again.i always loved building and designing my own models. the first model i designed was a 36 in. guardian which eventually became the sterling guardian.i also published 2 designs in flying models. the profile kingfisher and the 15 seagull.when i quit i was just burned out.i flew stunt for awhile then my hands started shaking.i stopped building but i still could fly.when i retired my wife talked me into going to a doctor.he diagnosed my problem as essetual tremors and a touch of partinson desies.when i describer that i wanted to build a class2 carrier ship to the doctor and how much it pulled he advised against it.he said that i would shake for a week after i flew it,so i have decided to sell my wallick ops 65.bob zambelly posted it on ebay for me.it has about 45 min of running time on it.the best highspeed time i got on it was 16.8.it idles reliably.the ebay no is120098329536.i will be happy to answer any questions.  stephen dinerman

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 09:43:21 PM »
Steve, the old DOC here, sorry to hear you are having health problems.  Guess it goes with the territory at our age.  I have the plans of your Kingfisher that I guess I will have to go ahead and build it for Nostalgia Carrier.  Also I never knew you designed the Sterling Gaurdian.  Won a lot of trophies with that plane and a McCoy Redhead 60 and later a Rossi 60.  Still have the McCoy 60 plus one that Willard Adams used to campaign.  Anyway may GOD bless you and help you with your health problems.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here