News:

• May 08, 2024, 03:47:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Detroit Carrier Contest  (Read 555 times)

Offline Wayne J. Buran

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Detroit Carrier Contest
« on: September 10, 2012, 12:40:22 PM »
Myself, Gary Hull, Rick Essex and Paul Smith had an excellent carrier flying day in Detroit Sunday 9/9. It was a small intimate gathering but the weather was great at the infamous River Rouge Park control line bowl. The reason for this update is the fact that Marc Warwashana and Lee Ryktarsyk usually take this effort on and enjoy it with us. Well Marc took a direct hit saturday on one of his fingers doing some racing stuff an wound up having two hours of surgery and a couple of pins installed Sunday morning. When we arrived at about 8:30 AM Lee was setting up and took it upon himself to pull off our carrier get together. We all did double duty setting up, timing and tearing down but lee Ryktarsyk deserves a very well done and thank you for his efforts. Paul Smith took a few pictures I think. Marc stopped in for a few minutes, gave us the ugly details and was bandaged half way up his arm.  It looks like recovery will be extended. Well done Detroit and we will see you in May.
Thanks
Wayne
Wayne Buran
Medina, Ohio
AMA 14986 CD
USAF Veteran 35 TAC GP/ 6236 CSG, DonMuang RTAFB, Bangkok, Thailand 65-66 North Coast Controliners   "A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well!

Joe Just

Re: Detroit Carrier Contest
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 01:52:12 PM »
I just got off the phone with Marc.  He is really hurting right now and really does not want a lot of attention.  I kept it short. Use your own judgment about calling.  If you need his mailing address email me for particulars. 
Joe Just

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 07:11:00 PM »
After all these years of high performance carrier engines, you would think Marc would know better.   I hope he didn't do too much damage and will get well soon.   Also say hi to Leon  Ryjtarsyk from the old DOC Holliday.  Carrier is fun.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Paul Smith

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 07:04:05 AM »
As mentioned, it was an all-hands-on-deck deal without the use of Marc.  I got a few pictures, but no captions yet.  Without looking at the scores, I would say at went pretty well.  Most of the equiment is sorted out and there were a lot of complete flights.  Great flying weather.

Ron Colombo won F2D.  
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 09:22:03 PM by Paul Smith »
Paul Smith

Joe Just

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 09:38:45 AM »
Ya know, the first picture could have been taken at Brodak's, complete with Rick's ever present stogie.  I had hoped to get there this year, but things being what they are....maybe next year.
Joe

Offline Paul Smith

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 09:27:06 PM »
Mark got cut up on Saturday and only managed to watch for a while on Sunday, driven to the field by his wife Pam.
Paul Smith

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here