News:

• May 02, 2024, 01:48:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Carrier plans available  (Read 1090 times)

Offline bill bischoff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Carrier plans available
« on: December 24, 2010, 10:35:48 AM »
I have been reading some old posts and thought there might be some interest in this. I have plans available for the 15 carrier SNIPER and profile carrier MO-1 that I have campaigned successfully for many years. The Sniper is a non-scale model, using Halflite foam wing cores from the Corehouse. It has a 29" span and 178 sq. inches area. The plans show CG and line location for hanging flight, but with a more forward line location and CG, it is also a fine flying carrier trainer.

Love it or hate it, everyone knows what the MO-1 is. This design is also built around Corehouse foam wings. Span 43.75", area 345 sq. in. Plans show all details for tank and hardware.

Sniper plans are one sheet 24x36, $10.00 postage paid in the US. MO-1 plans are 2 sheets 24x36, $15.00 postage paid in the US. Order both for $20.00 and save $5.00. Outside the US, contact me for postage price. I accept cash, personal checks, and paypal. Contact me directly through Stunt Hangar, or post your questions here.

Bill Bischoff

Offline dale gleason

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Carrier plans available
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 09:23:10 AM »
I'm still having difficulty posting a reply with a picture attachment. Once more, with feeling!

I really recommend the "Sniper" to anyone who is considering giving Carrier a try. It is simple in construction, lots of Carrier planes are not. No slider, all exposed controls, simple tank set up that works, fast and slow. Just about any .15 motor with a throttle will work, no need for reverse crank, etc. I have been very happy with the Irvine .15, MVVS, and Conquest, with standard crank. With the throttle locked open, it can be flown with two lines as a C/L trainer. (Make sure the two lines are elevation lines, Gomer!)

The designer, Bill Bischoff is always ready with a helping hand and advice.

Respectfully submitted,
dale gleason

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 10:37:37 AM »
I'm still having difficulty posting a reply with a picture attachment. Once more, with feeling!

I really recommend the "Sniper" to anyone who is considering giving Carrier a try. It is simple in construction, lots of Carrier planes are not. No slider, all exposed controls, simple tank set up that works, fast and slow. Just about any .15 motor with a throttle will work, no need for reverse crank, etc. I have been very happy with the Irvine .15, MVVS, and Conquest, with standard crank. With the throttle locked open, it can be flown with two lines as a C/L trainer. (Make sure the two lines are elevation lines, Gomer!)

The designer, Bill Bischoff is always ready with a helping hand and advice.

Respectfully submitted,
dale gleason

Would love to have more detail on the tank? How is it plumbed and how much does it hold?

Offline don Burke

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 11:17:35 AM »
The one I have is a rectangular box:

2" long
1-3/4" wide
1-3/8" high

about 2.6 oz.

Plumbed uniflow with the pickup in the aft bottom corner exiting the tank top midway along the edge on the top so the tank can be fairly near the engine.
Not sure where the uniflow vent is inside, but should be on probably in the aft outboard corner halfway up the side routed out the top then to the inboard edge of the tank so the uniflow will work right.  A filler tube, capped after filling in the top, inboard, front corner.
don Burke AMA 843
Menifee, CA

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 06:03:07 PM »
The original used a re-plumbed Perfect #12 rectangular tank, which is specified as 2 1/2 oz. The uniflow vent goes to the front outboard bottom corner. Tank details are shown on the plans. If you don't plan to hang, you can use a smaller tank.

Bill

Offline bfrog

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2010, 10:11:40 PM »
I too can attest that the Sniper is a good 15 carrier plane. Originally I built it as a glow engined plane with a Cox 15 and it did well. I then converted to electric power and it works wonderful for that. Not a lot of space for the electric bits but it works even better as an electric than a glow version. Sturdy and predictable, easy to build.

I can post pictures if anyone is interested.

Bob
Bob Frogner

Offline Dennis Saydak

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 01:21:39 PM »
Sniper is also a great first 3-liner, throttle control model for those thinking of building a scale job. I had the good fortune to fly Paul Kegel's Tiger .15 Sniper a couple of years ago. This was my one & only 3-line flight. I managed to hang the Sniper a few times and really enjoyed the experience ... and I didn't crunch Paul's model.  Thanks Paul!
Just when you think you're getting ahead in the rat race.....you find the rats just get faster! MAAC 13120L

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here