News:

• April 27, 2024, 03:48:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Carrier Nats for 2024 - July or August...  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Paul Smith

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Carrier Nats for 2024 - July or August...
« on: September 28, 2023, 11:58:14 AM »
There is a decision on the table with two options:

Have Carrier at the August combined AMA Nats, World Cup and World Championship? or,
Have Carrier alone in it's usual time slot, all by itself in July.

My choice (for what it matters) is to brave the crowd in August.  Carrier alone in July would be a very lonely one-event "Nats". 
Paul Smith

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
Re: Carrier Nats for 2024 - July or August...
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 07:16:21 PM »
The CL Scale guys would be there in July to keep you company.

Offline Paul Smith

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2023, 06:34:13 AM »
In the usual format Scale was done by Saturday or Sunday and Carrier flying did not start until Tuesday morning.  The Scale group, with the exception of one guy who flew both, was long gone.

I considered flying carrier and scale at The Nats, but didn't want to hang around Muncie two days with nothing to do. 

Paul Smith

Offline Paul Smith

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2023, 06:37:58 AM »
I agree with AMA's decision to have the Nats, W Cup and W Champs together in a two-week major event.   This is closer to the old "Navy Nats" concept of a really big show.

Both Scale and Carrier would do well to go along with the crowd and be part of the BIG event, not isolated splinters.  We need all the publicity we can get.
Paul Smith

Offline Peter Mazur

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2023, 11:17:14 AM »
All Controlline except Scale is likely to be the week of August 4. Scale cannot move to that time because all the judges will be in Romania at the Worlds there, so Scale is expected to begin July 11. Given the situation, I think the proposed dates look good. The real downside is that people flying Scale plus other C/L events will have to travel to Muncie twice or stay a very long time. I can think of two people who could be hit by this, but that is anything but certain and the number could be zero.
These dates will not be official until the Executive Council approves, likely at their meeting October 21.
Pete

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2023, 08:07:10 AM »
Scale will be by itself along with Pylon Racing and RC Scale at the Muncie site in July. I can think of 3 or 4 pilots who in the past have flown CL scale and then stayed for CL week after Scale is done on Sunday.

The AMA calendar shows CL scale being July 11-14
Nothing happens on July 11 for CL Scale....
However on July 12 (Friday) Static judging is done
On July 13-14 the flying happens (Sat - Sun)

Since CL and RC scale (and pylon racing) will be alone out there I don't expect we will get the participation we had last year. Unless you live close to Muncie most pilots won't make two trips.

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here