News:

• May 07, 2024, 10:24:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Carrier down under  (Read 505 times)

Offline Wayne J. Buran

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Carrier down under
« on: May 11, 2010, 05:08:38 AM »
If you havent visited this site you are missing something!

http://clamf.aerosports.net.au/

Wayne
Wayne Buran
Medina, Ohio
AMA 14986 CD
USAF Veteran 35 TAC GP/ 6236 CSG, DonMuang RTAFB, Bangkok, Thailand 65-66 North Coast Controliners   "A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well!

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Carrier down under
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 10:02:33 AM »
I have been to the sites of the other nations that are trying carrier.  I like the elevated carrier deck.  I also like the one that uses RC engines on muffler pressure for profile.  Don't know what happened to the idea of a world carrier rules proposal.  To me what was done at the Worlds in 2004 was not a demo.  A demo is when you give people instructions on what is being done and how to do it.  Then get them on the handle.  I did not participate as I was over at the F2C site. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Mike Anderson

• Admiral
Re: Carrier down under
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 11:34:33 AM »
If you havent visited this site you are missing something!

http://clamf.aerosports.net.au/

Wayne

y1 -- Very enthusiastic agreement - their site is excellent.

As to " whatever happened to 'FAI' Carrier ", it was never more than a demo flown at the WC's that we hosted.  No serious proposal, discussion or action ever followed.  No serious interest in it has been shown by the rest of the world, either.  Carrier in most of the other countries that have any form of it still takes a distant back seat to three of the four "real" FAI events.

Rest assured, that if it HAD been followed up on, the rules would have looked nothing like OUR rules and none of our equipment would have been legal anyway.

Mike@   AMA 10086
Central Iowa

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here