Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Carrier

Carrier Control question update and new question

<< < (2/3) > >>

Roy Johnson:

--- Quote from: john vlna on August 27, 2023, 08:39:23 AM ---Roy as I mentioned last Sunday there is an easy fix. I wrote the attached a long time ago when I was the NCS Hi-Lo newsletter editor.  The graphics have gone missing but I  have one glow plane left. This should give you the information you need for a throttle  transfer. If you can meke the picnic next week I'll bring the plane

Of course you will have to do this all on one side because of how you BC is mounted.

--- End quote ---

Thanks John,

So what you are suggesting is run the throttle pushrod to another transfer crank to increase the throw? Don’t really want to tear the wing apart to access the bellcrank. I’ll scope it out and let you know. Thx

john vlna:
You don't have to tear the wing apart. Put a secondary transfer crank between the wing LE and the motor. You will just have one crank instead of two as shown in my pictures . It is just as i drew it. The push rod comes out of the wing , you have an intermediary crank that reduces the throw, nominally by 1/2. That give you full throttle movement with full BC movement. It is just like the pictures except everything is on the outboard side. The plane in the pics have the BC mounted inboard.

Roy Johnson:

--- Quote from: john vlna on August 27, 2023, 09:35:07 AM ---You don't have to tear the wing apart. Put a secondary transfer crank between the wing LE and the motor. You will just have one crank instead of two as shown in my pictures . It is just as i drew it. The push rod comes out of the wing , you have an intermediary crank that reduces the throw, nominally by 1/2. That give you full throttle movement with full BC movement. It is just like the pictures except everything is on the outboard side. The plane in the pics have the BC mounted inboard.

--- End quote ---

10-4

Paul Smith:
I have always had MORE than enough throw from every 3-line setup I have ever used.  Sometimes I need to make a long throttle arm to get rid of the excess throw.  A SHORTER throttle arm might be your fix.

I have converted several 3-line planes to 2.4.  I always dig out the old 3-line bellcrank and put in a stout 2-line bellcrank with double shear mounting.  Navy Carrier pull testing is death to 3-line bellcranks and the best reason to convert to radio.

Not all 2.4 systems will bind to each other.  I have a really nice car system that I won.  It will only bind to its own receiver.  I am really bummed out. I expected to use the $3 receivers that I have on hand.  The specific receivers I would need cost as much as a whole new FlySky system.  So this system boils down to one model with its dedicated controller.

The pitcher is a "receiver" I put together from parts & material.  It works well enough.  It is much stronger than the Roberts and Brodak products that have failed me at times.  The Sturdi-Built 3-line was the strongest.

Paul Smith:
I ran out of capacity on the last post.  The throttle arm comes out the top of the wing on that setup. I can safely jockey the gas pedal on that one.

See?  The axle of the throttle bellcrank goes through a stout tube in the  wing.  The RC steering arm gives plenty of options to get the throttle throw correct.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version