News:

• May 01, 2024, 01:21:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodak Guardian  (Read 866 times)

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Brodak Guardian
« on: January 07, 2008, 01:41:08 PM »
 I've got a Brodak Guardian kit that I am thinking of building, just for a sport flyer. I'd really like to see some good photos of some finished examples to ponder over. Some construction pics would be great too. Does anyone have some photos that they can post?

Thanks in advance... y1
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline David Miller

• Lieutenant
  • CL, RC, Hunting and Fishing!
Re: Brodak Guardian
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 05:33:00 PM »
I hope somebody answers your question. I have started frameing wing. Fuselage is ready for paint if I can make my mind up on what I want.
MSgt (RET) David G. Miller
AMA 560263

Offline Balsa Butcher

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • High Desert Flier
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 06:23:45 PM »
Wayne Buran posted some excellent pictures on the second page of this forum.
Pete Cunha
Sacramento CA.
AMA 57499

Alan Hahn

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 06:48:03 PM »
I'd contact Bill Calkins (Designer of the Brodak Guardian), fellow Treetown member. Here is a link to his Web Page http://clflyer.tripod.com/

Offline Wayne J. Buran

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 05:34:35 AM »
I finally found some pictures. This was built from a stock Brodak kit except I clipped the wing a bay on each side to reduce the squares. My idea for what ever reason. I receded the tank into the wing as suggested and it has a stock Brodak (Roberts) bell crank and handle. Power is an Irvine 36 ABC with an O S 4BK carb. I flew it at the 2007 Brodak fly in and it has my usual white and orange paint scheme ala many nay airplanes. I think I am ready for a change so the next one will be a gray and white scheme. I am a carrier retread but as you can see it doesnt have sliders because I just dont like the "hanging" by the prop slow speed deal. I will try to post the pictures.
Thanks
Wayne
Wayne Buran
Medina, Ohio
AMA 14986 CD
USAF Veteran 35 TAC GP/ 6236 CSG, DonMuang RTAFB, Bangkok, Thailand 65-66 North Coast Controliners   "A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well!

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 05:33:41 PM »
 There are some cool fire bomber schemes that would look really nice on a model. I've seen them in either silver or white with day-glo or bright red markings.
 For more paint scheme ideas go to airliners.net and hit the the "Take me to the photo search page" bar. Then, on the photo search page, type GUARDIAN into the keyword spot, leave all other blanks as they are, hit search, and you will get pages and pages of photos to look at. This works for any type of aircraft, it's awsome. y1
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here