News:

• May 02, 2024, 08:12:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Brodak Bearcat  (Read 624 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Brodak Bearcat
« on: November 23, 2007, 10:22:02 AM »
The hobby shop I visited this past Wednesday had several Bodak kits(ARF, ARC and BIY).  I bought the kit to see how it compares to the old J-Roberts(G-S) kits.  Have not opened it yet as it is hiding in the car until I can get it to the basement.  I need to know if it will be legal for Nostalgia Carrier as it is supposed to be a copy of the original kits.  Have fun,  DOC Holliday

PS: The shop is Charlies RC Hobbies in Raytown Missouri.  He was working on a control line plane when I entered the shop.  jeh
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline bfrog

• Commander
Re: Brodak Bearcat
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 03:50:43 PM »
Doc,

I believe it is considered Nostalgia legal. I bought one last summer and have not completed it but before I bought it I checked with a few people and it is a copy of the older kit. It should get points for being "vintage".

Bob
Bob Frogner

Offline skyshark58

• skyshark58
  • Captain
Re: Brodak Bearcat
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 06:56:18 PM »
Yes, it is nostalgia legal! So is the Brodak Skyraider and the out of production Corsair. The wing mount landing gear is very weak, one good hit and you get to rebuild both wings! Strengthen this area substantially. Mount a good old ST G-35 and you are off to the races.    Mike
mike potter

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here