News:

• April 27, 2024, 10:32:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bi-Plane Plans  (Read 910 times)

Offline Albert Kraus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
Bi-Plane Plans
« on: December 22, 2006, 10:28:02 AM »
Hi gang   Am looking for a set of Bi-Plane plans. The Grumman F4B=4 ,  or  F3F ,  or any other bi=plane , want it for carrier. Might not be the best for carrier but want to build for fun & compete with it.   Will pay any copying & shipping expenses if you have somel

Thanks     Albert
Albert Kraus
MAAC 4381-L            fishnfly

Offline eric conley

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
Re: Bi-Plane Plans
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 11:57:21 AM »
There was plans for a F4B4 printed in Flying Models( plan #CF354) and was adaptable to carrier. Mike Potter has one and it flies sooo good. He had a meet where Golden Age planes had a separate event. I scratch built a F4B4 and entered one year. I built mine heavy expecting many end over end landings because they do have a short nose and I fly off grass. His was built real light(per the plans) and his low speed was much better than mine. His plane was very simple to build and used a Fox reverse rotation engine and the plane is Nostalgia qualified so you could fly the plane in two events. I'll send him a e-mail and see if he wants to jump in here. eric

Offline LARRY RICE

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 04:13:36 PM »
Walt Musciano has a nice F3F scale model set up for carrier. Planked fuselage.
Larry

Offline Albert Kraus

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 05:09:04 PM »
 Thanks for the quick replys. Will order FM plans after the holidays (bank closed for 4 days) & am going to check on Walts plans. Want profile as have new Webra speed 36 to put in it
                       Thanks again     Albert
Albert Kraus
MAAC 4381-L            fishnfly

Offline skyshark58

• skyshark58
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 08:16:54 PM »
Eric is correct. Good flying little airplane.Designed for stunt but converts nicely. Build it lite. Look at the flying lines web site for a photo of mine. It in the my favorite airplane section.   Mike
mike potter

Offline Ralph Wenzel (d)

• Captain
F4B4
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 07:58:39 PM »
If you go this route, the Lone Star Air Museum in Galveston has an F4B-4  in immaculate condition. I'd be happy to take photos for you.
(Too many irons; not enough fire)

Ralph Wenzel
AMA 495785 League City, TX

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here