News:

• May 09, 2024, 08:36:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Attention Carrier Flyers In The Southeast!  (Read 1088 times)

Offline david smith

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Attention Carrier Flyers In The Southeast!
« on: April 12, 2013, 10:22:01 PM »
We are having our spring contest in Huntersville North Carolina on May 4th. See the flyer posted in the open forum under Who is coming to Huntersville NC topic.

We will be having our usual events of 15, Profile, Class 1 & 2 and Nostalgia. Electrics are welcome too. We will also be giving away a Sig Skyray kit as a kind of raffle prize.

Here is how it will work...there will be a Skyray trainer there and I will have a sign up sheet for flights on the trainer and if you make a flight on the trainer then you will have a chance to win the kit. It doesnt matter if you are an experienced flyer or never flown anybody can fly it. Of coarse if you are a new flyer then I will be helping. This also means if you have kids or grandkids bring them to fly. Not only is this a promotion for carrier but also a promotion for control line in general. We will take all the names, of which I hope there are a lot, and randomly pick a winner. I am planning on having some sort of sign posted at the field along with making an announcement in the pilots meeting.

So come out and fly some Carrier with us. We have grown from where we started with Carrier here and are planning on growing much
 much more.

If there are any questions or concerns then please feel free to send me a message through here or use the email I have listed on my account.

Thanks
David
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 12:26:25 PM by david smith »

Offline john vlna

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Attention Carrier Flyers In The Southeast!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 07:37:32 PM »
David,

I am planning to come down. I'll have my own planes though, just electric except for NOS

John

Offline david smith

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 10:59:16 PM »
That sounds great John. We look forward to seeing you there.

Offline Will Davis

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 04:03:59 PM »
SEE FLYER
Will Davis
"Carolina Gang"

Offline david smith

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 04:35:29 PM »
Thanks Will

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 06:44:47 PM »
I will be there to fly combat, I would like to give carrier a try. Looks interesting.  Mike
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline david smith

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 02:28:57 PM »
I will be there to fly combat, I would like to give carrier a try. Looks interesting.  Mike

Im looking forward to meeting you and helping with anything I can to get you and many other people flying Carrier.
Thanks
David

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 10:07:28 AM »
David, you are taking over where your Dad left off.   He was quite a carrier fan and promoter.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline david smith

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 04:57:40 PM »
David, you are taking over where your Dad left off.   He was quite a carrier fan and promoter.
Thanks Doc. I am doing my best.

Well I think I am ready for this weekend. i finally got the Skyray trainer done and ran the engine this morning. I decided yesterday to use 2.4 on it because I had everything laying around and it just looked too easy. Believe it or not it really didnt take that long at all. I think the handle took the longest of anything and that might have been 30 min. I havent flown it yet but plan on it tomorrow. I would like to thank everyone that already did the hard work of coming up with the handle design because I just copied it and it worked out great.

I will try to get some pics of the plane and handle tonight and hopefully some in flight pics tomorrow

David

PS. If there is anyone that will be there tomorrow for Carrier we will have the scale out and go ahead and start processing airplanes to try to help Sat move along a little smoother.
Thanks

Offline Brad Smith

• Commander
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 10:12:21 AM »
David that handle sounds cool i would like to see a pic of that.
Brad smith AMA780054

Offline Mike Anderson

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 10:28:59 AM »
There is a whole thread, with pictures of several different ones here:

http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?topic=28463.0
Mike@   AMA 10086
Central Iowa

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here