News:

• May 08, 2024, 10:13:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ASP Engines  (Read 700 times)

Offline john vlna

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
ASP Engines
« on: March 08, 2012, 10:38:55 AM »
I was just looking at Nitroplanes. They have a lot of ASP engines at good prices. I never tried any for carrier but the prices are very good.
http://www.nitroplanes.com/aspengine.html

If you don't do any RC you may have never heard of Nitroplanes, but they are a reliable supplier, I have bought lots of stuff from them over they years.

Joe Just

Re: ASP Engines
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 02:31:58 PM »
John In  year's past I imported about 100 ASP engines in various sizes .15 to .36.  While all these were CL engines sent to me by "Just Engines" in England, I found them to be very dependable and well worth the pricde.  I never had any complaints from those whom I sold the engines .  Some time I will tell you how I became a customer from Just Engines, but perhaps you might guess.  The owner, Paul landis was a great help to me in importing MVVS needle valve Assemblies too.  I sold nearly 400 of those sets. Paul always indicated to me that the original problems that ASP had were gone and the R/C engines worked very well also. I was the first North American to recieve his "Just Engines" .40. I still have the box for old time's sake. This particular engine came with both aCL venturi and a R/C carb.  I mounted the R/C version on a profile Carrier plane my grandson flew many times.  I gave the engine away about 2 years ago.  When paul met with an early death I lost all his great help and eventually dropped my importing of engines etc.
Joe

Offline dankar

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 08:31:32 AM »
I have recently used Nitoplanes recently and have to say they are very good.  My last order was put in this Tues. and items arrived Thrusday. Order before same thing. Their prices are better than anybody I know of.  Engines should be ok but I'm no big fan. So Nitromodels is good to go.
Dan

Offline Douglas Ames

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 09:12:06 AM »
I have an ASP S15A. It's a Magnum .15 clone as near as I can tell, very powerful and a good runner. They also make a .36 R/C...Hmmm?
AMA 656546

If you do a little bit every day it will get done, or you can do it tomorrow.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here