News:

• April 30, 2024, 09:15:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anybody home?  (Read 2075 times)

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Anybody home?
« on: October 09, 2006, 08:28:20 AM »
How about some new stuff here guys? Any event pictures? Any of you building anything? Hello? Hello? ;D ;D ;D
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline eric conley

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
Re: Anybody home?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 11:09:31 AM »
Geeezzz warbird we are all busy building all night and practicing all day and then on the weekends were at meets so dosnt leave much time for anything else.             not                 Oh well it was a great dream anyway. Went to a meet down in the great city of Tucson. Boy do these guys (Cholla Choppers) live the good life. It was the Karl Marschinke Memorial at the Chistopher Columbus Park and the people are all great, the weather is to die for, and the flying site has got to be the best there is in the west. Now just this last weekend we were at the Hi Johnson Memorial Stunt Contest ( which includes carrier) put on by the Valley Circle Burners at the Sepulveda Basin in Van Nuys CA Where I might add the weather is great and the flying site is  realy nice too. Oh and I turned the fastest HS that Ive ever flown in profile ( 17.69, 101+mph) so was a real thrill for me. Now we are getting ready for Carrier Plus IX that will be held in Phoenix where the weather will be oh so nice and there will be a large gathering of carrier flyers who will have 2 days of great flying. And then we get a little break so we can build all night and practice all day and then there is the South West Regionals down in Tucson put on by the Cholla Coppers and we are all back in the great weather ect.. By the way it might be that the weather always looks good to me cause Im in Nevada(not that our weather is all bad) where its kinda hard to find good sites and good weather together. Out here on the west coast this is our busiest time of the year for carrier and Im loving it. eric

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 11:31:17 AM »
Very cool, where's the pics? ;D ;D ;D

When I die, I want to go to Cholla Chopper land. y1 ;D

Wayne Willey

Offline eric conley

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 01:10:47 PM »
I love my planes and have lots of pictures but in the 10 years Ive had this computer Ive never figured out how to get pictures into it to send and then theres the compression thing . So I can scan pictures into my e-mail and send them that way. I'll send you a couple. One of the 109T, one of the Corsair, and one of a F7F that I was thinking of building. eric

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 04:33:49 PM »
I feel your pain Eric. y1
I am in the process right now of trying to learn how to do the same, so I can start showing more stuff.

Wayne Willey

Offline bfrog

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2006, 10:20:37 AM »
Eric,

I would love to see a picture of your Cosair. I've always thought that would be a neat carrier plane but was put off by the wing. You always build such nice stuff I'd like to see what the result was.

Bob
Bob Frogner

Offline eric conley

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 02:57:33 PM »
Hi Bob, its nice to hear from you. I will send you some pictures of the Corsair. It was not as hard to build as I thought it would be. I started it around 08-07 and made the first flight with it on 09-30 which is a record for me, but it was such a pleasent build it just went fast. Already have plans to build another one and have it ready to go by Memorial day 07 for the North West Regionals up at Eugene Oregon. Reason to build another one is to try to shed 5oz of the weight which is now 46oz with the Power Thrust Muffler. The thing flys great, goes into the hang in the blink of an eye, high speed is OK but I think it will much better if I can get the weight doun to 41oz and thin the outboard sections of the wings. If I have room in the truck I'll bring it to Phoenix Nov. 11th.. eric

Offline bfrog

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2006, 10:20:25 PM »
Eric,

Got the photos, they look great. Nice to see a different model than the MO-1s and bearcat/hellcat/guardians.

Nice job.

Bob
Bob Frogner

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 04:22:15 PM »
I love my planes and have lots of pictures but in the 10 years Ive had this computer Ive never figured out how to get pictures into it to send and then theres the compression thing . So I can scan pictures into my e-mail and send them that way. I'll send you a couple. One of the 109T, one of the Corsair, and one of a F7F that I was thinking of building. eric

Hi Eric,

Email me those pictures, and I will post them here.

Bill <><

Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline eric conley

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 08:41:47 PM »
Hi Bill, got those pictures off to you. Thanks for offering to post them, I hope they are good enough quality that you can work with them. eric

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2006, 06:20:15 PM »
2 posts in 2 weeks? C'mon guys... :-\

Wayne Willey

Offline eric conley

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 03:37:39 PM »
Gees Wayne its the same old thing. Just so darn busy building and flying that it leaves little time to BS. Course it nice to know that someone is looking at the forum once in a while. I've been trying to get my new Corsair to behave with out much luck. It will either go fast or it will hang real good but not both which is not quite what you want. I've done everything I can think of except change the carb. which now that I think of it should have been the first thing I changed. I would post some pictures but dont know how to compress them so thats out for now. Will be down at a contest in Phoenix on the 11th and 12th of Nov. and will post some commits after I get back. So its back to work on the second Corsair( lighter I hope) now as here in Nevada the building season is from  Oct. to June or at least it seems that way for this old Cal. surffer. eric

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here