News:

• April 30, 2024, 03:14:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A pretty quick-to-build Carrier plane....  (Read 830 times)

Offline dale gleason

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
A pretty quick-to-build Carrier plane....
« on: June 04, 2009, 11:14:30 AM »
This cute little design, the "Sniper" by Bill Bischoff, has been around for years, once kitted by the late Ken Smith. Plans are available. It has a "Gotcha'" foam wing, covered with silkspan and 50/50 water/Titebond mix, then Coverite or similar over that. It is very simple as Carrier planes go, featuring no slider, a simple release for the arresting hook, and a square fuel tank. It has placed first at the Nats numerous times, this particular plane has placed 2nd with an Irvine .15, has also used the MVVS and now has the Conquest .15.

This size plane is a little tricky to fly, susceptable to winds and turbulence to a greater degree than a .36 or larger size, but it is lighter and pretty  much just bounces off the grass with little to repair in case of a mishap.

With the increased interest in Carrier, this might be of interest to some.     dg

Joejust

Re: A pretty quick-to-build Carrier plane....
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 05:01:23 PM »
This would be a great entry plane for the Postal Carrier Contest that is running  now through the month of Sept.
Joe Just

Offline roger

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 07:25:29 AM »
where can i get plans for this plane????? H^^

Offline roger

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 03:07:07 PM »
is this plane the old "mo jo"?

Offline Mike Anderson

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 04:56:42 PM »
I assume you mean Harry Higley's MoHo and Super MoHo - The Sniper is neither.  It is Bill Bischoff's .15 Carrier design, based (I'm told) on the Lil Hacker 1/2A combat plane from Phil Cartier (The Corehouse).  It has a layout similar to an MO-1 - shoulder wing, short nose, external controls.

I don't know where the plans can be had, but any old rough sketch would be sufficient to build it, since it is a foam wing and a pretty basic layout.

The MoHo and Super MoHo were early '70's Profile Carriers, for .35's.  They were also pretty basic and plain vanilla, but Profile Carrier didn't get a scale bonus at the time.
Mike@   AMA 10086
Central Iowa

Offline bfrog

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 05:09:36 PM »
I believe Bill Bishof still works some days at Mike's Hobby Shop in Dallas.

Here's a link:

http://www.mikeshobbyshop.com/

You might try calling and asking for Bill in the airplane department. He may be able to get you the plans.

Bob Frogner

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here