News:

• April 30, 2024, 06:53:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A first in carrier  (Read 954 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
A first in carrier
« on: June 25, 2007, 10:22:20 AM »
To Paul, we do not need another carrier event.  That is what I beleive is wrong with carrier, combat and racing.   I watched Pete Mazur fly his electric Skyray at the SIG Contest.   As I was judging stunt didn't get see the whole flight.  I could hear that set-up of his where I was standing from the carrier circle.  It was kind of a weird sound when he would throttle up in low speed flight.   Anyway he went home with a first place in Skyray carrier.  He even got firsts with his nitro scale planes. 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Paul Smith

• Admiral
Re: A first in carrier
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 09:26:18 AM »
Weeelllllll, it's SIG's field, contest, and rules, so they have as much right as anybody to run local events the local way.  And if the reigning champion won with electric rather glow, nothing changed.

Can you answer this?

How many Skyray Carrier entries in 2006?  2007?
How many do you expect in 2008?  Any uptick could be scored as a success.

If there are five electric Skyrays in 2008, with each one doing the 75 MPH max, hovering for the entire time limit of the flight, and easily settling down on the deck, how will they pick a winner?  Maybe Sig needs to get five 1st Place trophies.

I'm not saying electric can't be done, only that it's making this event trivial.   

I don't have a dog in this race.  I consider "Skyray Carrier" to be a beginners' entry level fun event and I concede it to the intended market.

I only replied, in the spirit of logical debate, because I was addressed by name.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 07:49:13 PM by ama21835 »
Paul Smith

Offline Steve Scott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • Terrorizing earthworms since '65
Re: A first in carrier
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 09:03:20 PM »
I don't fly carrier but was over at the carrier deck to shoot some of these shots.  I saw the demise of the electric Skyray carrier model.  Wind got under the outboard tip, went slack, traveled across the circle and literally blew up in mid-air when it hit the end of the lines again.  Acceleration off the deck was incredible.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here