News:

• May 05, 2024, 08:30:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 3 line bell.  (Read 663 times)

Offline roger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
3 line bell.
« on: April 09, 2009, 09:00:36 PM »
 H^^
im building a 3 line aircraft with foam wing thats sheeted the fuse. is profile me question is where to put the bellcrank. i think i saw some that were mounted on a platform on the right side of the fuse.  but when i did that i dident like the look at all, i would have had to put 2 lead out holes in the fuse and run every thing through that to the wing tip on the left side. some body told me to mount the bell. on the rt. wing top to a wood plat form, and sink it in the top of the  foam wing about where the c/g would be and go from there. HB~>
roger

Offline Mike Anderson

• Admiral
Re: 3 line bell.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 11:55:57 AM »
I put mine on a T-shaped bellcrank mount - pushed through a slot in the fuselage - when it is to be mounted externally.  Make sure that you cut the T long enough to account for the width of the fuse and whatever clearance you will need for the bellcrank you use.  Test fit everything before gluing the T in -- Cut The Slot  before gluing the wing in!

This drawing is a top view of the left wing - if the bellcrank is to go under the wing, make sure that you push in through the correct direction (I speak from experience!   ::)
Mike@   AMA 10086
Central Iowa

Offline roger

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 12:41:40 PM »
mike will this work on a 3 line also? because the mech. must slide back and forth if put on the rt. side holes must be put in the fuse. for the leadouts. ::) y1

david smith

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 02:03:11 PM »
maybe these will help.  I put mine on the left side of the fuse(inboard side).  The first two pics are foam wing(not sheeted though).  The only thing with mounting them on the left side is that you have to run the throttle pushrod through the fuse like pic 3 or run a second small bellcrank like pic 2.  You just have to pay close attention to which way the bellcrank moves for high speed and which way it moves for low so your handle set up is the right way you want it to be.  As Mike said TEST FIT EVERYTHING! it isnt very fun to have to cut a part a fresh painted or glued together airplane or to have to figure out how to cut a hole where there isnt room to cut.  Pic 4 just shows my profile completely assembled before putting the finish on. Hope this helps.
David

Offline Mike Anderson

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 08:59:17 PM »
mike will this work on a 3 line also? because the mech. must slide back and forth if put on the rt. side holes must be put in the fuse. for the leadouts. ::) y1

Yes, I was specifically talking about carrier planes with 3-line b/c's.  I put it under  (or over) the inboard wing.  The T shape is so you can't pull it out of the fuse, so the "Cross" of the T goes outboard of the fuse.  I found a picture that shows everything except the "T" on the outboard wing --
Mike@   AMA 10086
Central Iowa

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here