News:

• May 08, 2024, 11:40:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2011 Postal Carrier Contest Rules  (Read 1019 times)

Joe Just

• Trade Count: (0)
2011 Postal Carrier Contest Rules
« on: February 19, 2011, 11:55:29 AM »
The new up-dated rules for the 2011 Postal Carrier Contest are now firmed up.  Some changes, including monetary prize for the winning club.  email me for a copy. ukeyman@q.com
Joe Just

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: 2011 Postal Carrier Contest Rules
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 02:24:37 PM »
Why not post them here?   H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Mike Anderson

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 03:23:16 PM »
Joe --
Here is a conversion of your 'txt' file to a MS 'doc' format -- recovers your formatting and fonts.
Mike@   AMA 10086
Central Iowa

Joe Just

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 03:34:43 PM »
Mike, thanks a bunch.  For some reason my computer no longer lists "doc" as a save as function.  Perhaps i should have re-written the whole thing   and saved it as doc.

Joe

Yep, that's t!  I will have to re-write the whole thing. then I can save it as a "doc" file.  I tried to modify last years rules and then download it...dosn't work. mw~

Online bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 10:56:11 PM »
Does the traditional 70 mph speed limit apply to 15?

Joe Just

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 08:51:39 AM »
Bill, Yes it does. However in the last two years no entry in the PCC me very close to 70mph, probobly because of the demographics of the entrants.
Joe

Online bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 04:31:32 PM »
Joe, I have a couple more questions. Maybe if I paid more attention to last year's event, I'd already know the answers. Anyway...

1)When/where do these events take place? Does it have to be in conjunction with a sanctioned contest, or can a few guys just get together at the field and time some flights?

2)Can you only enter once? I understand that you only send your best flight score, and you send it in ASAP, but once you submit a score is that all? Can you submit another score from another event later?

That's it for now. Thanks.

Bill

Joe Just

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 07:12:06 PM »
Bill, check out he thread by mike Anderson above.  To fill you in though, you do not have to be at an AMA sanctioned meet, just get together with some guys that want to giver the event a try and go for it there.  Most guys last year just sent their scores in once.  Now Bill remember, this PCC event is set up for novices or retreads and not for Expert Carrier pilots.  During the PCC event for 2009 and 2010 we tried to be kind when we told an Expert flier he really shouldn't have entered.  Knowing your past efforts to get guys flying Carrier I am sure you will be an avid recruiter this year.
Don't overlook the $$$ prize for the club that sends in the most participating guys.
Joe

Online bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 10:23:36 PM »
I understand everything else, but I'm still not clear about multiple submissions. You said "most" people only submitted one score. Does that imply that some people submitted more than one score and it was OK? It would seem that giving a newbie (or a used to be) lots of chances to better his score would help to retain interest and enthusiasm.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 08:22:49 AM »
As in the past that is what Joe is after.  People to put up more flights to try and better their scores and then submit them.  I could not get the grand kids to even try it.   H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Joe Just

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 08:26:32 AM »
Bill, I checked with the PCC committee last night and we have come to the conclusion that participation is the most important thing concerning the basic idea of the PCC.  With that we have decided that multiple reports by any given flier will be accepted, with the updated reports received no later than the end of Sept.  Perhaps in 2012 (if we still have the contest) we will emphasise monthly winners, something that got dropped in 2010 due to multiple problems on the committee's involvement in other matters.

Also,  in the past we have accepted reports (2) sent to us from regularly scheduled contests that also spent some time with the PCC rules for any in interested participant that was not entered in regular Carrier events.

While the committee feels that the PCC should be flexible, it was not intended to be too flexible.  In 2009 one well known Carrier/Racing person set up a simple trainer type of profile and had 7 different guys that had never flown Carrier a chance at giving i a try.  One of the entrants made the PCC "Winners Circle".  Interesting was the very close scores, with the eventual winner taking one of the great prizes over the rest of the group with a score that was only 2 points higher.  (must have had a bit more head wind during the slow speed section of that contest, MY OPINION ONLY!)

Hope this helps Bill and others, particularly any "lurkers" on this column.  A closing thought....This contest, the Postal Carrier Contest, has been a great deal of fun for guys entering it and for the committee as a whole, particularly ME!

Joe Just

PS Look for this shirt (attachment) at Brodak's this June...HOW THE HECK DO I GET  ONE OF THE PICS OFF THIS THREAD? Thanks Mike, also here is a picture of me that shows that sometimes I don't scare kids as they walk by.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 04:39:08 PM by Joe Just »

Offline Mike Anderson

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 11:30:16 AM »
Above your message, click "Modify" --

When that window opens, click "Additional Options"

It should show you your message and its attachments --

Uncheck or de-select one of the copies of the picture

If you wish to attach a different picture, you can do that
from this screen also - under the heading "Attach".

Then click "Save"
Mike@   AMA 10086
Central Iowa

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here