News:

• May 09, 2024, 12:15:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2.4 Ghz setup  (Read 1522 times)

Offline Robert Frogner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
2.4 Ghz setup
« on: September 01, 2015, 09:15:40 PM »
Some of you might be anticipating this question. 

I now have the handle rigged up and Im attempting to get it to talk to the airplane.  When I connect everything up the esc led is blinking and wants to see low throttle before it will arm. I have tried all the variations I can think of with the throttle trigger and nothing changes. The esc light continues to blink and at the same time it starts to heat up. It is a Castle Creations Phoenix 60amp esc that worked fine with the old setup using a variable resistor to drive a Clancy controller (analog to rc converter).

Is there some trick to allow the esc to see low throttle so it will arm? I tried starting with the trigger in mid and low, all the way forward, positions with no luck. I am also concerned that the esc is heating up with no load on it, the motor was not connected to the supply from the esc.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

John Vilna,  you said you used this model of transmitter. Did you have any problems getting it to arm the esc?

Thanks for any help.

Offline Robert Frogner

• New Pilot
Re: 2.4 Ghz setup
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 09:34:07 PM »
IGNORE THE POST ABOVE!!!!!!!

It never fails that after you post a stupid question the answer comes to you.

I wss able to get everything working just fine with a small correction to my wiring. Now I just need to get the motor that is on its way to me so i can test the airplane.  Looking forward to the new control system.

Offline john vlna

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: 2.4 Ghz setup
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 05:04:35 PM »
Bob
Make sure you range set the transmitter-esc combo. Turn the TX on first at high throttle, then connect the esc (with motor connected) to flight battery. The motor will beep twice, go immediately to low throttle. The motor will probably beep once. (This is what most esc's do) This  matches the esc and transmitter ranges.

When starting normally always start at low throttle. Overall should be similar to clancy's unit, but the throttle signal range of the untronics is usually different than a RC TX.
John

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here