Speed,Combat,Scale,Racing > Carrier

.15 Carrier at the Nationals?

(1/3) > >>

bdt-m:
Simple question, possibly the answer is not simple....  <=

.15 carrier can be any .15, Front Intake, mufflers allowed, however: NO muffler pressure or any form of pressure, suction only. I understand locally rules may be slightly different. y1

Paul Smith:
Muffler pressure is OK for both 15 and AMA Profile now.

With unlimited electric mixed in with piston 15's it would hardly be sporting to suppress the engines in any way.

john vlna:
electric 15 is not unlimited. Model ready to fly max weight is 2.5lbs includes battery etc. Lines are .015 if using two. .012 for 3 line
At the NATS they used to fly sportsman 15 and expert to even out competition. since 15 is a speed limit event (70 MPH max), mixing electric and glow is not going to give an advantage to either form of propulsion. Winning is dependent on slow speed and landing points, since either glow or electric can hit 70. 

Terry Mitchell:
well you can hit 70 mph with a .15 carrier I held the NW record for years hitting over 70 mph with a rossi .15 side exhaust in a scratched built king fisher and to be honest i dont think carrier should have electrics involved in anyway motor,throttle or other wise...all carrier should be flown with a 3 line bell crank and a glow engine and lets see who the better flyers are. That's my opinion.

bdt-m:

--- Quote from: Terry Mitchell on July 28, 2023, 07:11:06 PM ---well you can hit 70 mph with a .15 carrier I held the NW record for years hitting over 70 mph with a rossi .15 side exhaust in a scratched built king fisher and to be honest i dont think carrier should have electrics involved in anyway motor,throttle or other wise...all carrier should be flown with a 3 line bell crank and a glow engine and lets see who the better flyers are. That's my opinion.

--- End quote ---

I agree, carrier should be a 3-line control & throttle system for all classes, and IC engines only. The reasoning put forth that 3-lines is complex and hard to setup is a non-started in my book.

Separate Electric classes are fine, allowing 2 lines + electric for throttle is also fine in these separate electric classes, just leave the traditional AMA carrier classes 3-line control only.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version