News:

• April 27, 2024, 12:47:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 07 Nats, a view from the cage.....  (Read 754 times)

Offline Paul Smith

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
07 Nats, a view from the cage.....
« on: July 13, 2007, 06:43:12 AM »
I spent Thursday morning timing profile.  Thanks to AMA for providing the cages, needed for being around these brutes on high speed, and in the wind, low speed and decleration weren't entirely safe either.

Once things got going, the attempts were carried out in rapid succession.  I timed some nice Highs, as I recall, a 91, 92, 93, and 99.   It was a bit breezy (at least by Stunt standards).

From where I set, it was obvious that there was only about a quarter-lap where you could get a good low speed.  Some people thought it was third, hence the abundance of incomplete scores. 

Sorry, I'm a bit short on names.  The names were printed on individual scroresheets, which were closely guarded and delivered to data proicessing, least they blow away and arrive in Dayton.   

I left at about 3:00 with a few flyers still holding unused attempts in the (slim) hope of a break in the wind.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/events/nats/natsnews.aspx

Check out AMA NAtsNews on line for daily reports.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 05:06:11 PM by ama21835 »
Paul Smith

Offline eric conley

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
Re: 07 Nats, a view from the cage.....
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 08:27:35 AM »
Thanks Paul for the info. and pictures on Profile Carrier at this years Nat's. Wind at the Nat's is sorta like the price of gas, goes up, stays up, comes down a little (oh boy here we go), goes back up a little higher, and you think well maybe next year it will be better. Thanks again, eric

Offline bfrog

• Commander
Re: 07 Nats, a view from the cage.....
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 07:57:01 PM »
Paul,

Cool pictures. I'm the yellow blur in the first picture (Alameda AerOnuts/Osborne Field colors), looks like I'm signalling for a landing. That's my vampire you got some nice shots of too.

Can I get some copies of the full file sized pictures from you????

Thanks

Bob Frogner
Bob Frogner

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here