News:

• April 27, 2024, 10:09:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Top Flite Tutor, New Build  (Read 1975 times)

Offline Scott Jenkins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Top Flite Tutor, New Build
« on: February 18, 2006, 04:08:19 PM »
After looking at the plans for this plane I have reached a few conclusions. The front end appears to be flimsy. The fuselage thickness a bit on the thin side.
Ok, here goes my remedy for this I have some carbon graphite plate 2mm which I use for motor mounts on my F2CN and F2C's extremely strong stuff and it does help dampen the vibration significantly the extra weight of the plate is small. I usually put 1/64" ply over the fuselage and bearers on the engine side to hold it together and 1/8" ply on the side opposite the engine.
The fuselage, I plan to put a popular spar down the length top and bottom to help improve the strength of the fuselage. Popular is 2 to 3X as strong as basswood and the weight for a given section is very close to basswood.
The location of the L/G appears to be OK but the placement or attachment is hokey at best. I think what I would like to do is put the l/g's in the wing. I like the way that looks as opposed to a fuselage mounted gear. I do wonder about the construction of the L/G mount in the wing as having never done this before.

So opinions or better ways, I'm all eyes, no choice don't like my computer to talk to me, anyway damn near deaf from unmuffled engines to boot.

Scott Jenkins
AMA 43122
Scott Jenkins
AMA 43122
FAI F2C VOLUME 2 SECTION 4, 4.3.7
m) During the refuelling and the restart of the motor, and until the time when he releases the model aircraft, the mechanic must keep the model aircraft in contact with the ground by at least one point and with the centre line outside the flight circle. During that time the pilot must be crouching or sitting inside the centre circle. He keeps one hand on the ground and his handle and his lines as close to the ground as defined by the F2C panel of judges until the model aircraft starts again.

Offline Leester

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Top Flite Tutor, New Build
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 04:43:12 PM »
L/G in the wing is not that hard. Determine your position and angle, then make ply doublers for the ribs the L/G blocks will fit into,1/2 ribs. Just make sure you add torsion blocks for the gear legs and have the gear blocks extend the thickness of the sheeting (1/16) you will use on the wing so the blocks will be flush. I'm sure others will add what I have forgotten to include,and correct what I've gotten wrong. I know what to do sometimes not that easy to explain.
Leester
ama 830538

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here