News:

• May 01, 2024, 10:42:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stell wire Gear  (Read 815 times)

Offline Bellantonio Valerio

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Stell wire Gear
« on: September 06, 2007, 11:01:50 AM »
 H^^Hello, where I find a good design of the Stell wire Gear? I want To mount on my ARF Flite Streak
Thanks

Offline Jim Oliver

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Stell wire Gear
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 11:20:45 AM »
Hello Bellantonio,

For my Flite Streak ARF, I made a two wheel gear from 3/32 inch music wire.  I made it one piece and installed it in the fuselage right at the front of the wing cut out. 

Cheers,
Jim 
Jim Oliver
AMA 18475

Offline Jim Thomerson

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 02:16:50 PM »
The Flite streak works fine with the one wheel gear.  Give it a try and if it does not suit you, go to a two wheel gear. 

Offline Bob Disharoon

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 06:26:26 PM »
Om my arf Flite Streak, I went with the Brodak 38 Special aluminum 2 piece gear..fairly light, very strong, and the one on the side of the tank tuck the top hole under the tank..plenty of prop cleanance and provides a very good look. It really enhances the overall appearance ....the single wheel looks like crap to me..Bob

Offline rustler

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 02:28:59 PM »
RSM sells a good 2-wheel wire u/c for this type of model. I flew a 2-wheel FS in the 1959 Criterium d'Europe at Brussels, but had to make it myself.
Ian Russell.
[I can remember the schedule o.k., the problem is remembering what was the last manoeuvre I just flew!].

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 09:12:04 PM »
I made a 2 wheel wire gear for my Jr. Flite Streak when I was about 14. Bent it myself from .093" music wire...I think you could use 2.5mm, if you can get it, on a FS Arf.  I cut a notch in the top edge of the fuselage, and put metal straps on top, and hooped ones on both sides of the LG at the lower bends. Right at the LE should work well. But it does take some space that you might think you need for the fuel tank. Not a problem! Shim the back end of the tank out to allow for the landing gear, and you'll give yourself a much cleaner shut down when the tank is empty.  :! Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 07:09:53 PM »
This works well.  The gear is screwed(#6 sheet metal screw or two) to a piece of motor mount stock epoxied into the bottom of the fuselage.  You can reinforce it with a bit of glass cloth on each side if you want.

phil Cartier

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here